Fordmods Logo

xg falcon running poorly need help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: xg falcon running poorly need help
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:43 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 1994 xg falcon

VIC, Australia

okay so this is the first time ive been on this site and im looking for help, i have recently bought an xg falcon dual fuel for $1300 the car idles fine but has a big stutter when you apply the throttle, once it has past the rough stage it will run fine (i have a video on my channel if it helps i will attach it to this message)
its dual fuel gas and petrol and runs fine on gas so i have ruled out ignition as part of the problem.

this is the add the original owner had
For sale: my XG falcon Ute. Its Duel fuel, runs well and reliable.(yeah right...) Only selling because we recently bought a new car and don't drive the ute anymore. The Gas tank holds approximately 100 Litres. Over the last 18 months (sat still for 6 months) I've replaced Fuel pump and filter, new fuel injectors, new complete distributor and TFI module. Spark plug leads and plugs. Front Radius Rod bushes, New lower control arms bushes, upper and lower ball joints. New inner and outer tie-rod ends, new idler arm. 4 tyres 20565r15 and the rear shockers.

since i got the car i have got new leads and spark plugs, new fuel filter, changed the oil, engine, gearbox and diff, checked the oxygen sensor, (video on my profile) checked the current coming out of the fuel pump relay, changed the air box (old one was cracked and siliconed/duct taped together.

i have made a thread on this forum and had alot of replies but not been able to fix or find the problem.
www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397608

i have posted a video on youtube of the car running poorly in hope someone can help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SoNSGi6FwI

i have also posted a video with the oxygen sensor hooked up to a multimeter, but i do not know whether it is a bad ready or not (not sure what normal reading looks like)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDHiLcn0loo

i have tried searched and searched but can not seem to find the problem or a solution anywhere... some help would be awesome!

Post subject: Re: xg falcon running poorly need help
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:04 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 1995 XG Longreach S ute

VIC, Australia

Tried talking to local mechanic? If having no luck anywhere else than I'd suggest taking it to a workshop

I like all cars, As long as they are Ford ;)

[img]file:///C:/Users/Corey/Pictures/Corz's%20Pics/avatar_3727.gif[/img]

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1992 EBII Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Cleaned the throttle body? Done an ECU diagnostics? If it doesn't do it on gas then it'd only be the pump (and if the sock has fallen off the fuel lines will need compressed air blown through), fuel filter, stale fuel or a leaky injector really. It sounded pretty bad in the video is it running rich? Have you checked the timing by any chance?

If you pull the plugs and o2 sensor after running it like this on petrol are they caked in black soot?

Could be many things really but sounds fuel related.

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:42 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

ILLaViTaR wrote:
Cleaned the throttle body? Done an ECU diagnostics? If it doesn't do it on gas then it'd only be the pump (and if the sock has fallen off the fuel lines will need compressed air blown through), fuel filter, stale fuel or a leaky injector really. It sounded pretty bad in the video is it running rich? Have you checked the timing by any chance?

If you pull the plugs and o2 sensor after running it like this on petrol are they caked in black soot?

Could be many things really but sounds fuel related.

Iive cleaned the throttle body and isc valve with carb cleaner, don't have the equipment for an ecu drongostics but it has a new ecu in it
I've replaced the fuel replaced the fuel filter can't see any leaks near the injectors I believe it is running rich as when the car is rev'd and stutters it spits a lot of fuel out of the exhaust
I thought the timing would be right as its running on gas alright but I will check it on petrol
And no the plugs came out clean when I changed them

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Checked the MAP sensor hose ???

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:33 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

hey
i know this thread is quite old but ive found the problem and finally fixed it so i thought id let you all know in case you were wondering or had a similar problem
i found i had low fuel pressure even with a new fuel pump, it was still low after checking all the lines and pressure regulator i was stumped, until i met a bloke that told me to check the fitting that connects the fuel pump to the fuel pumps holder, i replaced it with a fuel hose and it did the trick pressure is good and it runs a treat.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]