Fordmods Logo

xg relay issue 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: xg relay issue
Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 75 Td Corty

SA, Australia

hey guys im getting fairly close to solving the issue on my car, what is happening is when you flick ignition on the constant power (pink & blue wire) from fuel pump fuse to the relay stays on as it should. now heres the issue when you initially flick ignition on you get 12v on the (black & yellow) outgoing wire that come out of the relay and off to the fuel pump for about a second before it flicks back off and you have zero volts again. What can cause this my car is on gas could it be something in the gas system causing it as that gets power from a splice in behind the kick panel on the yellow & black wire. cheers

Post subject: Re: xg relay issue
Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:44 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

I'm not sure on the gas side but the fuel relay is controlled by the ecu,as in the ecu turns off the earth side of the relay coil which opens the relay contacts.Now when you start the car the ecu turns on the relay full time so that you get the fuel pump pumping while the engine is running.It is possible that your fuel pump is running all the time but not actually delivering fuel to the injectors but is running in a circle from the fuel tank,up to the engine and back to the tank because the fuel pump relies on the cool fuel going through the pump to stop it overheating.The lpg system does not rely on the fuel pump to deliver lpg to the engine.I hope this helps.Cheers Kevman.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]