Fordmods Logo

XH BBM Conversion Help Needed! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: XH BBM Conversion Help Needed!
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FG XR6 UTE

VIC, Australia

Hi, last weekend i have been doing what seemed to be a relatively easy conversion to my XH PVan by installing an EF BBM Intake Manifold,

i have installed the manifold and an RPM switch, the install all went ok everything fitted fine.

but when it came time to run the engine and set the RPM switch not so good, The engine starts and idles at 750rpm (where it used to with Log manifold) for about 30 seconds and then slowly dies right down to about 250rpm, from here it will run for a further 30 seconds and then either die or Rev itself back up to 750rpm and repeat itself.

Firstly i thought it was the MAP Sensor so i disconnected the tube that goes to it and started the engine, the engine then runs at 750rpm for as long as it wants but runs really rich and if i slowly put the tube back it runs fine for about 30 seconds and then dies.

Also if i even touch the throttle just a little bit the engine dies, i swaped the TPS with the old one but no luck.

If anyone has any ideas as to why it won't idle? and why it won't rev up? could someone please HELP!

Cheers Black_night

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]