Fordmods Logo

xr6 falcons and the test of time 

Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

mainly i am asking the question for 2 reasons.
1option is im looking at selling my el xr6 to buy a xr6 turbo
or 2nd option keep the el (that means it will be in the drive way and the xr6t parked in the garage
or 3 hold onto the el xr6 and mod it...(to a extent that my wife can still drive it everyday..
one thing is for sure the el front end looks so tuff

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

Don't be stupid and buy the XR6 Turbo. They are soooo much better than any tricked up e-series (personally, I reckon the e-series look meaner and hotter) it aint funny. They are a brilliant car. If you can, grab the BF 6 speed auto or wait until you can afford it.
A STANDARD XR6 turbo will blow the majority of worked SOHC 4.0 litres into the weeds and there is plenty more to come from them.
I'm not saying that there is anything wrong the SOHC 4.0. They are a weapon. But you'd have to be a touch silly for not going the XR6 T route.

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:41 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Its funny, a few years ago i had an old Ford Customline, sometimes when i pulled up to a petrol station with it, there would be some old timer saying that those cars were worth nothing before and now look at em!
Im guessing people didnt think that the muscle cars of the day were not to be worth a lot in the future.
People do ask a lot of money for old cars now, even stock 170 6 powered XP 4 doors are fetching good $$$$, let alone a 2door.
I still own and slowly restoring an XP 4 door and an XC 2door 351, the prices asked for these cars are very high indeed.
I bought these to cars over 7 years ago, they wernt expensive as they are now.
Our EF XR6, is 10 years old now. In 1987 the XC was 10 years old, it was a classic, and all ford had then was an XF, now we have GT, GTP, Typhoon, XR6, XR8, Pursuit, the list goes on.
Will these be classics in time? desirable yes, but classics? time will tell

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:46 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

In twenty years time will we be going to Ford day and see a row of XR6s/XR8s and see them in the same light as we now see XY GTs?
I hope so, the XR / Tickford / FPV Falcons are great cars, but mass produced, unlike the GTs. In my opinion, our EF does not look out of place next to our XC 2 door, which is suposed to be a real Muscle car, but like i said, time will tell.
Ill try to upload some photos of em soon lol

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

Oh Danny Boy, I can not believe you just said that. Mate, I love the EF as much as the next guy or gal but there is NO WAY it'll ever compare to the XA-XC coupes for style and desirability. Just my opinion though......

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:24 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

well to tell you the truth im 28 odd years old .and yeh i love the turbos but if i can i would love to get my hands on a second hand phoon

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:07 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Yea i see where you are coming from mate, but to me all Falcons are great cars, but yea XA-B-C coupes are something special.
But i wouldnt kick out our XR6 anytime soon, nor will i sell my XC, mostly becouse there isnt really any other car id replace it with, so yea i probably just contradicted myself! hahahaha

Post subject: Need Some Advice ...
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR6

SA, Australia

Tell me what you think.

Two months ago I was employed 'casually' through LabourForce Solutions.
They overpaid me for the first week of december, so I called them up and explained that I had been overpaid. They thanked my for my honesty and advised me they would take they pay out the following week. The Following week I was again over paid (althogh the extra pay from the previous week was deducted), and again I called and notified them that they over paid me again. The lady I spoke to said she would call back but never did.
They then over paid me for the following two weeks. I did not call them back these times.
On Janury the 3rd I became perment part time and now have nothing to do with Labourforce.
I opened a letter today, which was from Labourforce and requested an amount of 1371.40 to paid to themselves.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should handle this, or what the legal viewpoint is?

Not lost any demerit points

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

man what has that got to do with the god damn thread :D

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

Quote:
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should handle this, or what the legal viewpoint is?

tell him he's dreamin.

seriously though, i think u have the wrong thread! :wink:

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4