XR6T engine swap prices 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: XR6T engine swap prices
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

NSW, Australia

Hi there i am pretty close to finding the right donk for my XE falcon project & someone who knew nothing bout cars asked me why I don't fit an XR6 turbo engine, as he has heard about how quick they are getting them. I weighed up a few pro's & cons but still can't decide until I get some type of idea on how much it would cost, Currently I have a 4 bolt aussie NASCAR block that has been siamese sleeved and has a bore size of a big block (4.180") and has the capability of aprox 440cui, also I have a pair of extensively ported 4V heads that flow 340cfm @ .020", and I have also purchased a teflon sealed 6/71 supercharger.
No matter what way I go it will be fuel injected and a 4 speed auto,
has anyone priced a BA 6 turbo swap and how much would have to be spent on it to make a reliable 650hp at the flywheel, as I know that I can complete what I already have for just under $8,000
cheers I am open minded to any suggestions, kenny

IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

To sum it up quickly just go with what u have got cos the BA XR6T motor alone with everything u need will set you back about $7,500 and thats just stock so you then have to spend even more money to get it to the power u said u wanted

Griffo

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

NSW, Australia

I am still interested in the 6 ,as 1 of the cons with the blown 8 was that even being street registered I will have a lot of trouble with the law ,and I am having troubles with getting the blower low enough to see the road, even by dry sumping & moving it further back it sticks out the bonnet by around 450mm, so I am willing to pay a bit more for the stealth factor.
Another thought was a T trim vortech, but they aren't cheap!

IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Yea i can understand this and i have done some looking into it for you
you will need to buy the XR6T motor and if i remember correctly its $7,500 from Ferntree on this site and i will guess that you can and will do all the work your self or know someone that can so i wont apply charges for putting the motor into the car and getting it running and street legal but i looked it up and for the 650hp (484.9kw) that you want you woild need a Nizpro Stage 3 Cobra kit which cost $19,800+ GST this gives you 450 flywheel kw and 825Nm. http://www.nizpro.com.au/cobra_kits_main.html
Thats a link to the page about the Stage 3, pretty insane

http://www.capa.com.au/prices_ford_power_parts.htm
Here is a link to the CAPA page about the Turbo parts but i had a really quick flick and i couldnt understand the whole thing, like if you bought the stage 6 would u still need the extra parts or do they come with it... im tired though so yea

Hope this helps abit, and dont for get you will need strong gearboxs and diffs with that amount of power but from the sounds of it you already know that

Griffo

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:34 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ba XR6

SA, Australia

xr6 t motor on ebay at the moment for only $3000 looks like it come's with every thing u need and only has 55 thousand kays on it

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]