Fordmods Logo

Alpine Amps and Speakers into BA. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Alpine Amps and Speakers into BA.
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:54 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Fairmont Ghia BA 5.4L V8, AU 6

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Hey Guys,

I got a BA and I want to put Alpine Type R 6 1/2 splits in the front and Type R 6x9's in the parcel shelf, then going for a V-Power MRP F600 AMP.

Has anyone got this gear and can offer their opinion? I've always used pioneer stuff personally so i dont know if the alpine stuff is any good.

Thanks,

Chaos, Panic and Disorder. My work here is finally done.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4L. Mods -Full Exhaust, Chipped, Custom Intake, CAI @205.4RWKW.
Stezza - Alpine Type R Splits & 6x9's, Alpine 400w RMS 4ch, 380w RMS Pioneer Mono, 2x12" Pioneer Subs and an AVH-P5950DVD Player.

Post subject: Re: Alpine Amps and Speakers into BA.
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:38 am 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

Hey mate

The Type R speakers will fit in the front with a MDF spacer (5x7 to 6inch) that is readily available from most places that sell car audio.
They are good speakers but it depends what you are looking for in the sound. Id suggest going to Mobile Electronics Australia as the guys over there have listened to a lot of splits.

6x9's are going to be a problem I thin as the BA falcon speakers are a 5x7 all around, would be easier to just get 5x7's but if your looking for some extra bass a Sub (even a 10 inch) is going to be a better solution.

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:14 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Quote:
6x9's are going to be a problem I thin as the BA falcon speakers are a 5x7 all around, would be easier to just get 5x7's but if your looking for some extra bass a Sub (even a 10 inch) is going to be a better solution.

Yeah i have two 12's and a mono block at the moment, and you are right they are all 5x7 all round. But i could always make them fit, wouldnt be the first time. Just need a MDF Spacer.

But would the 6x9's distort less than the 5x7's at loud volume and also be louder?

BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4L. Mods -Full Exhaust, Chipped, Custom Intake, CAI @205.4RWKW.
Stezza - Alpine Type R Splits & 6x9's, Alpine 400w RMS 4ch, 380w RMS Pioneer Mono, 2x12" Pioneer Subs and an AVH-P5950DVD Player.

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont Sedan

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

You don't need anything special in the back parcel shelf as the rear speakers are just used for rear fill.......

High and Mid is supposed to come from the front with the rear just being accomodatinh speakers.

I only have rear speakers in my car as when i have rear passengers they complain about the bass from the 2 x 12" Subs lol

PROEF 13.46 @ 105.78mph - 1994 Ford Fairmont EF NA 6cyl Man 3.9 diff Sedan
Stock Fuel Pump, 29lb Injectors, JMM Street Series Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, 205rwkw

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:25 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Hehehe yeah, I know what ya mean aye. But been so long since I had two subs in the car, just in the process of making a new box to get them both back in there.

Thanks for your help on this one dude, but I got one more question. I wanna put the cross overs in the boot to show them off but since the splits are at the front the cabling would be 10m long. That's gonna cause problems ain't it?

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF XR8

VIC, Australia

Fairmont_03_5.4 wrote:
Hehehe yeah, I know what ya mean aye. But been so long since I had two subs in the car, just in the process of making a new box to get them both back in there.

Thanks for your help on this one dude, but I got one more question. I wanna put the cross overs in the boot to show them off but since the splits are at the front the cabling would be 10m long. That's gonna cause problems ain't it?

Hay mate, its not going to cause a problem sound wise, as long as you use good quality wires and do it properly it will be fine. i have just done this in a mates car and its a lot of work just for a look.

Personally i would make it look simply and clean..

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:43 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

Fairmont_03_5.4 wrote:

Its going to cause Voltage drop, but not enough to notice I wouldnt have thought.

Just use thicker speaker cable than you originally planed.

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:17 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Quote:
Hay mate, its not going to cause a problem sound wise, as long as you use good quality wires and do it properly it will be fine. i have just done this in a mates car and its a lot of work just for a look.

Personally i would make it look simply and clean..

Good to know it does actually work, once again thanks for your help!
I think i might end up making some sort of amp rack to go over the gas tank and put them there, only have one amp on display in the boot so wanna livin it up a bit. But to be honest, it doesnt matter how long is spent, only one thing matters - Perfection.

Quote:
It's going to cause Voltage drop, but not enough to notice I wouldnt have thought.

Just use thicker speaker cable than you originally planed.

Thanks Dude, will keep it mind. I saw some thick as hell cable the other day at Malz, might have to get me some of that :).

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]