Fordmods Logo

alpine cd changer into ba icc 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: alpine cd changer into ba icc
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:30 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

hi all,
i want to connect the alpine cha-s634 cd changer to the ba icc via the alpine vehicle hub, how to i go about install it?? or should get a pro to install it, if so who do you guys recommend to install it. i'm in the northern suburbs of melbourne. not [autobarn,jb hi-fi,strathfield].

take life as it comes, life was'nt ment to be easy

Post subject: Re: alpine cd changer into ba icc
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

I was looking at the Vehicle Hub a while back and decided not to go with it. It sells itself as a complete integration for the ICC, but since you can ONLY use the Vehicle Hub to control the stereo once it's in, I decided it was not 'complete enough' for my liking. Once it's set up you can NEVER touch your favtory volume setting again otherwise it alters the settings and doesn't perform properly and I was also pretty unimpressed with the temperature limits on the unit as well. The unit could only be used in temperatures of up to 50-60 degrees C or something like that, otherwise damage might occur. I am pretty sure it's not difficult to achieve 50-60 degrees in a car in an Australian summer when it's parked at the beach etc. Jump in after a nice swim and then blow up your $1500 stereo integration device. Cool!!

Whilst I was looking tho, I read the instruction/install manual on line. It is my opinion that if you decide to go ahead, get the pro's to install it. It's pretty complicated in it's setup.

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]