Fordmods Logo

Alpine Speakers 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: Alpine Speakers
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 144

Joined: 1st Jun 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: yarrawonga
VIC, Australia

just wondering if its a good idea to mix Type S and Type R speakers. i wouldnt think id get the Type R 6.5" speakers in the doors but the Type S has a 6" speaker in its range. id like to keep the whole setuo alpine if i can but if i cant what do ya think bout pioneer speakers??

 

_________________

EL XR6, 5 Speed Manual, Extractors, Exhaust, 3" Intake, EL GT Intake, Alpine sound system,lowered, 136rwkw.. to come.. another sub and boot install

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Alpine Speakers
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:50 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

macca20042 wrote:
just wondering if its a good idea to mix Type S and Type R speakers. i wouldnt think id get the Type R 6.5" speakers in the doors but the Type S has a 6" speaker in its range. id like to keep the whole setuo alpine if i can but if i cant what do ya think bout pioneer speakers??


pioneer bah lol nah pioneer depending on what ya buy are good gear...but im an alpine man thru n thru :P so i'm biased tot hem when it comes to these 2 car audio giants.

I take it by your comment above regarding the fronts not going type-R you have either Type-R subs or rear shelf drivers....

Look in the end mixing wont be a problem....if your wanting it all to sound in sync tho you can go a couple way...depending if it was type r rear shelf speakers just ensure the power output of the type S your going to install in teh fronts matches or is higher than the rear shelf....if you cant to sound optimum youd wanna drop the gains a lil on the amp that the rears are connected to or fade the balance further to the front....just so everything sounds at the same level ..otherwise ya staging will sound all scewiff...however if you dont really care then just install em and see how it sounds too you...

One thing tho for the extra money I highly recommend the Type R 6.5" at $399 their great value for money...i ran 2x sets in each of my front doors and another for the rear shelf and ask anyone it sounds awesome....and if ya worreied about fitting the 6.5" over easily slipping in the 6"s...its not that difficult and only takes bout 15mins a door if that....dont need any reqal specialist tools or know how to do it.

Lemme know if ya require any further info or reply back here and i'll see it later on

Cheers
Kev

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 144

Joined: 1st Jun 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: yarrawonga
VIC, Australia

hey,
im goin to be runnin Type R speakers on the parcel shelf and prob R subs as well. ive been lookin at the speakers ya recomend. they are the components right?? did ya have to cut into the parcel shelf to fit the rears or ya just put in a spacer?? i woulda got 6x9 but i dont wanna cut into it and also sont wanna have those 2 inch high spacers

 

_________________

EL XR6, 5 Speed Manual, Extractors, Exhaust, 3" Intake, EL GT Intake, Alpine sound system,lowered, 136rwkw.. to come.. another sub and boot install

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

macca20042 wrote:
hey,
im goin to be runnin Type R speakers on the parcel shelf and prob R subs as well. ive been lookin at the speakers ya recomend. they are the components right?? did ya have to cut into the parcel shelf to fit the rears or ya just put in a spacer?? i woulda got 6x9 but i dont wanna cut into it and also sont wanna have those 2 inch high spacers


one rule of thumb..if ya going subs dont consider 6x9s...or 5x7 or any other odd dimension...keep it to speakers if ya gonna go subs...

You dont have to go the SPR-17LS for the rears if ya dont want you can go the SPR-17LP and save the $100 (just loose the better crossover and 25w RMS output)....but both are 6.5" and due to the driver support arms the existing holes need to be modified or using spacers....

Could go SPS-13C2 they may need a spacer a thin one just to fit im not sure how these size to the 6" existing holes.. but yeh thats mixing and its up to you...front doors have to modified to or 9mm spacers fitted to get around alpines 6.5" drivers.

And mine dude were in custom pods on my rear shelf...you can semi seen in my avatar..think theres a pic in my gallery you could do similair and if ya actually interested i may be selling mine shortly...most likely minus the speakers....or get ya own fabricated...comes down to ya budget and what ya prepared to spend.

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 144

Joined: 1st Jun 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: yarrawonga
VIC, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
macca20042 wrote:
hey,
im goin to be runnin Type R speakers on the parcel shelf and prob R subs as well. ive been lookin at the speakers ya recomend. they are the components right?? did ya have to cut into the parcel shelf to fit the rears or ya just put in a spacer?? i woulda got 6x9 but i dont wanna cut into it and also sont wanna have those 2 inch high spacers


one rule of thumb..if ya going subs dont consider 6x9s...or 5x7 or any other odd dimension...keep it to speakers if ya gonna go subs...

You dont have to go the SPR-17LS for the rears if ya dont want you can go the SPR-17LP and save the $100 (just loose the better crossover and 25w RMS output)....but both are 6.5" and due to the driver support arms the existing holes need to be modified or using spacers....

Could go SPS-13C2 they may need a spacer a thin one just to fit im not sure how these size to the 6" existing holes..

And mine dude were in custom pods on my rear shelf...you can semi seen in my avatar..think theres a pic in my gallery
well i might as well pay the extra cos there is no point complainin or wingin cos i didnt get the better ones. cant hurt ne ways... ill try the SPS - 13C2 speakers in the doors. also, do u think i should amp the rears or just amp the subs due to the headunits capacity??

thats a nice as setup too mate

 

_________________

EL XR6, 5 Speed Manual, Extractors, Exhaust, 3" Intake, EL GT Intake, Alpine sound system,lowered, 136rwkw.. to come.. another sub and boot install

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

how do u mean....head units capacity...? are you running all this off the stock headunit..and also in my opion money is better spent on better speakers for the fronts then the rears...

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 144

Joined: 1st Jun 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: yarrawonga
VIC, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
how do u mean....head units capacity...? are you running all this off the stock headunit..and also in my opion money is better spent on better speakers for the fronts then the rears...
only have the head unit atm... just need a lil direction as to how to go about powering them. what about if i did the lil door mod and put the SPS - 17LP in the doors and on the shelf but got an amp to run the rears and just have the fronts running off the headunit or get an amp to powerr all the speakers...

 

_________________

EL XR6, 5 Speed Manual, Extractors, Exhaust, 3" Intake, EL GT Intake, Alpine sound system,lowered, 136rwkw.. to come.. another sub and boot install

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 1097

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: GU patrol, XH XR6, Isuzu Mux

Location: Mackay
QLD, Australia

i'm pretty shure you wont fit a 6.5" Type R in the doors, you will have a lot of trouble fitting type S in the doors with out a few modifications,
i had type S in the front and i had a hell of a time fitting them in without cuitting the door trim and without cutting the door holes bigger. when i did fit the type S without getting them to hit the door trim the results where well worth it, they have a nice low range frequency.

 

_________________

' 96 Xh XR6 Ute
'96 DF LTD 6cy
'08 GU Nissan Patrol
'15 Isuzu MUX LST

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 144

Joined: 1st Jun 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: yarrawonga
VIC, Australia

voids wrote:
i'm pretty shure you wont fit a 6.5" Type R in the doors, you will have a lot of trouble fitting type S in the doors with out a few modifications,
i had type S in the front and i had a hell of a time fitting them in without cuitting the door trim and without cutting the door holes bigger. when i did fit the type S without getting them to hit the door trim the results where well worth it, they have a nice low range frequency.
awsome. so u had to cut the door trims to get em to fit?? did ya have any problems with the depth of the speakers??

 

_________________

EL XR6, 5 Speed Manual, Extractors, Exhaust, 3" Intake, EL GT Intake, Alpine sound system,lowered, 136rwkw.. to come.. another sub and boot install

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

macca20042 wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
how do u mean....head units capacity...? are you running all this off the stock headunit..and also in my opion money is better spent on better speakers for the fronts then the rears...
only have the head unit atm... just need a lil direction as to how to go about powering them. what about if i did the lil door mod and put the SPS - 17LP in the doors and on the shelf but got an amp to run the rears and just have the fronts running off the headunit or get an amp to powerr all the speakers...


well depends mate...if it were me instead of worrying bout saving money on speakers etc id be looking to upgrade the headunit....like an alpine CDA 9853R or better 9857R if you can afford it...id be hangin back a lil get a lil extra money....

if ya gonna amp ..amp the fronts..rears off head unit....maybe for now u shouldnt get a sub/subs.....and spend the moeny on decent speakers all round.....the 17LP do provide great tight low notes...if you realllly wanted u could go the 17lp up front and good type 6x9 in the reaar...for now and upgarde to a sub/subs at a later time n then sell the 6x9's...but i didnt say that :P .. at least that way everything sounds nice...you'll have a good head unit to properly tune the system with subs installed and id put in a better amp/amps and ditch the stocko.

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

voids wrote:
i'm pretty shure you wont fit a 6.5" Type R in the doors, you will have a lot of trouble fitting type S in the doors with out a few modifications,
i had type S in the front and i had a hell of a time fitting them in without cuitting the door trim and without cutting the door holes bigger. when i did fit the type S without getting them to hit the door trim the results where well worth it, they have a nice low range frequency.


yeh its been explained before all the new range of alpine 6.5" drivers (Type-R,Type-S,Type-X and F1/ DD Linears) have these nice looking thick support arms on the rear....so they cannot be fitted to falcons without modifying the door holes..the trim sometimes is ok and doesnt have to be modded...as with the doors...

You can go two ways....fitting 8 or 9mm spacer....or cut the areas of the door with metal cutters, jig saw etc so th support arms can sit in....ya dont have to go to the extent of a 6.5" hole....both ways wont give u any depth issues....ive fitted mine by the cutting the door trim meethod and still have enough room that the window is free to roam regardless.

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 1097

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: GU patrol, XH XR6, Isuzu Mux

Location: Mackay
QLD, Australia

macca20042 wrote:
voids wrote:
i'm pretty shure you wont fit a 6.5" Type R in the doors, you will have a lot of trouble fitting type S in the doors with out a few modifications,
i had type S in the front and i had a hell of a time fitting them in without cuitting the door trim and without cutting the door holes bigger. when i did fit the type S without getting them to hit the door trim the results where well worth it, they have a nice low range frequency.
awsome. so u had to cut the door trims to get em to fit?? did ya have any problems with the depth of the speakers??

the type s did come with some spacers which gave them enough depth only by a few mm i think, the door trim was modified but only from the inside so it still looked original from the outside. biggest thing was even know it looked like it fit the speaker cone would hit the door trim when at a louder volume creating distortion, had to take the door trims off about 3 times to pack em out.

and another thing if you are using a stanley knife to modify your door trims be carefull not to put the knife through the speaker grill like i did :oops:

 

_________________

' 96 Xh XR6 Ute
'96 DF LTD 6cy
'08 GU Nissan Patrol
'15 Isuzu MUX LST

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:43 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

voids wrote:
macca20042 wrote:
voids wrote:
i'm pretty shure you wont fit a 6.5" Type R in the doors, you will have a lot of trouble fitting type S in the doors with out a few modifications,
i had type S in the front and i had a hell of a time fitting them in without cuitting the door trim and without cutting the door holes bigger. when i did fit the type S without getting them to hit the door trim the results where well worth it, they have a nice low range frequency.
awsome. so u had to cut the door trims to get em to fit?? did ya have any problems with the depth of the speakers??

the type s did come with some spacers which gave them enough depth only by a few mm i think, the door trim was modified but only from the inside so it still looked original from the outside. biggest thing was even know it looked like it fit the speaker cone would hit the door trim when at a louder volume creating distortion, had to take the door trims off about 3 times to pack em out.

and another thing if you are using a stanley knife to modify your door trims be carefull not to put the knife through the speaker grill like i did :oops:


ooo ouch yeh normally gut to draw out what ya need to cut first when the trims out....bummer....lucky wasnt thru the cone tho :)

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 144

Joined: 1st Jun 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: yarrawonga
VIC, Australia

so big kev, how much/long did it take you to deck out ya boot and in which of ya cars was it in??

 

_________________

EL XR6, 5 Speed Manual, Extractors, Exhaust, 3" Intake, EL GT Intake, Alpine sound system,lowered, 136rwkw.. to come.. another sub and boot install

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

macca20042 wrote:
so big kev, how much/long did it take you to deck out ya boot and in which of ya cars was it in??


in the EFII XR6 and mate honestly couldnt tell you .... at least a couple months....ive had alot more done at the same time like... 3 grand in alarm etc gear ... so car has been back to the shop and at home ripped apart and re-built a number of times...espescially with how i like to change things frequently :) big imagination bet we all wish we had wallets to match i know i do :P

lets but it this way its harder to get my gear out then to put in...take me 7-8.5 hrs straight busting my gut on my own to get everything out of the boot, parcel shelf....as well as pulled the 4 seats out n carpet

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:33 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names