Fordmods Logo

amp question 

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

right, glad thats sorted out. thanks one and all.

for round two, i need a 4ch putting 50ish rms? the speakers are 50rms? 80max. so why the f**k are they saying 30? couldn't drop that much!.

anyway, http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.as ... BCATID=595 this baby do the job?

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

fiftyone wrote:
right, glad thats sorted out. thanks one and all.

for round two, i need a 4ch putting 50ish rms? the speakers are 50rms? 80max. so why the f**k are they saying 30? couldn't drop that much!.

anyway, http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.as ... BCATID=595 this baby do the job?

================

Where dude are u getting 50w RMS from...

Your speakers - forget 2-way power specs etc - they are designed to handle when considering amping is 160wfor peak burst and continous "nominal" provided power of 30w RMS.

Simple to say yes that amp will do the job.....do I feel in my opinion that is the right amp for the job yes and no.

What is your budget for a 2/4ch amplifier.....forgetting cabling, power, installation etc?

Now the above responce amp is rated at 50w RMS x 4 @ 14.4v

Theres no point in bridging etc to gain the extra grunt when you wont be using it. Do u plan to connect front and rears to this amp or just these pioneer fronts? or r they for your rear fill?

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ha ha! kev just found out i know sweet FA about audio, or just about.

anyway, forget about the speakers for a sec then. i was planning to run 4 channels to the amp and from that, 4 to the speakers. no bridging, no extra connections, non of that, just using the amp to boost it a bit.

that ok?

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:06 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

If you get a 4 channel amp to power the 4 speakers that should be fine. Though like BigKev said...you have to consider the cost of wiring as well and the installation of the amp. But that set up should give enough power for the speakers to play at their full potential.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

phongus wrote:
If you get a 4 channel amp to power the 4 speakers that should be fine. Though like BigKev said...you have to consider the cost of wiring as well and the installation of the amp. But that set up should give enough power for the speakers to play at their full potential.

phong =P~

Correct .... if the amp is rated to continuosly supply 50w RMS to each channel...then hanging the front and rear splits of an amp rated with that value will provide more than enough power for those speakers......What you will loose tho is your ability to Fade the front and rear channels....unless your head unit and amp support multiple or seperate RCA outs/ins for specific front/rear channels or the amp is setup so that say ch 1&2 can be used for fronts and 3&4 for rears....but if you dont play with fading then who cares :P

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

cool. ive just picked up an working amp for $50! $40ish in wire and im set to forget!

thanks heaps guys

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i was doing some other stuff and i disconnected the cig lighter from near the radio. the wires on that are fairly beefy, you think i could just wire the amp straight to that?

(dodgy bros. i know)

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Just do it properly ya lazy tight a** :P

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

are you knocking my LOQual electrical work, Kev?

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:04 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

fiftyone wrote:

Yes he is...and by tapping into some wires you might to change the fuse rating of that wire since you are drawing more current from the tapped wire. Do it properly to safe you trouble in the long run I say.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

fiftyone wrote:

nah dude im saving u time, frustration, headaches and money later on ;)

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

you will still be able to fade, pioneer 6850 have front, rear and sub rca's....

when the speakers say 4x50 watts is that refferring to the rms? or are they actual stock ones? cause if theyr stock and you goin to amp them the safe money would be on them blowing....

why do it? off the same headunit my speakers can go pretty freakin loud, but they are splits that have high s/n ratio

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

skidder wrote:
you will still be able to fade, pioneer 6850 have front, rear and sub rca's....

when the speakers say 4x50 watts is that refferring to the rms? or are they actual stock ones? cause if theyr stock and you goin to amp them the safe money would be on them blowing....

why do it? off the same headunit my speakers can go pretty freakin loud, but they are splits that have high s/n ratio

Well the ability to fade is going to depend on the amp he purchased....yes most new head units have the 3x 4v pre-outs....but if the amp still only has one set of RCAs....now what....u can only connect that to the headunit..to one set of rcas...so u will be able to balance the full system left n right but fading u can turn the knob or watever as much as u like but if the amps connected to the head units front channel then when u fade to rear suddenly u have no audio :) just cause the headunit has the fade function doesnt mean squat if what u connect it to isnt gonna be compatible to support it.

I take it by the second point the speakers saying 4x50w RMS u meant the amp? .... as yes the amp that he's looking at is 4x50w RMS nominally not peak per channel....and unless he runs them at max or hard constantly he shouldnt blow anything

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2