BA BF Ford Premium Sound AMP UPGRAD 

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: BA BF Ford Premium Sound AMP UPGRAD
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:31 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 21 images

QLD, Australia

Hi all
A few people have been asking me how did I put the Alpine V12 amp in my BF XR8 using the factory Ford Premium Sound System harness.
I just used the output harness from the ICC to the factory amp ( in the boot ) and tapped into the + & -
low pass at the factory amps plug and using an RCA inputted it into my Alpine V12 AMP.
Iv put in a few pic,s to show where the low pass is at the factory amps plug and how I did my install.

Attachments:
IMG_8955-1.JPG
IMG_8955-1.JPG [ 90.77 KiB | Viewed 1278 times ]
IMG_8948-1.JPG
IMG_8948-1.JPG [ 85.54 KiB | Viewed 1661 times ]
AMP diagram inputs.3.jpg
AMP diagram inputs.3.jpg [ 51.21 KiB | Viewed 1621 times ]
AMP diagram inputs.2-1.JPG
AMP diagram inputs.2-1.JPG [ 57.71 KiB | Viewed 1451 times ]
AMP diagram inputs.1-1.JPG
AMP diagram inputs.1-1.JPG [ 62.89 KiB | Viewed 1505 times ]

Post subject: Re: BA BF Ford Premium Sound AMP UPGRAD
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

VIC, Australia

well done man, good thing keeping all factory wiring

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

R thanks I kept the factor amp’s plug as I may want to use the factory amp one day.
The sound quality is prity good for what it is, its not a big doof doof sound but its fine for what I want as it is my family daily driver with kids in the back and iv had my time of fast cars and big stereos systems :wink:

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

lol yeah, just something wit abit more kick ay

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:30 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Yep you could say something like that and ive replaced all the factory speakers witch were littel paper 5X7 units frount and back.
Now im runing Pioneer 150w RSM 5X7 in the doors and Pioneer tweeter in the A pillers
And as set of Pioeer 6X9 250w RSM 4 ways up the back mounted with custom made spacers I made my self.
Now all in all its not a bad set up im happy with how it sounds now compeard to the standed ford set up. :P :P

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

good set up ther man, sounds like you know your stuff about sound systems, good work, take you long to get the install complete

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

Hey all... i have a few questions about the factory amp... iv picked up a factory amp and sub to pur in my misses BA1 Fairmont which has the mid range sound (large mono screen and tweeters) so im thinking that the best/easiest way to install it (i dont have to factory loom) would be to buy a high low converter and cut 1 rca cable in half and wire that straight from the rear speakers to the amp... and also run the power and remote on straight from the cig lighter (would that be to much strain on it?) any input appreciated...

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

bump...?

i have just found a loom plug when looking in the boot from the back, up the far left corner of the parcel shelf... im thinking (hoping) that this is the connection for the sub and amp loom..?

Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:36 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Hi there fourl6
On your question about the factory amp you have is it an ford factory BA amp unit and sub.
As the factory sub is a freeair unit and mounts into the back parcel sheaf , that means that it uses the boot of the car as a box for its self to give you the bass and doesn’t necessarily need to be mounted into a box.

But if it’s a normal car sub it more than likely it needs to be put into a sealed or ported box so you can get the bass frequency.

As for running the amp off the cigarette lighter it’s a bad idea its better to run a seaport thicker gauge power cable from your battery with a fuse in line ( about 20 amp fuse ) strate to the amp and then you can use the cigarette lighter 12v supply for the remote ( to turn the amp on & use a fuse on it to ( 10 amps ).
As for slicing into the rear speakers its ok I’ve dune it in the pass and it works ok

( it’s the cheats way to do it but the best way is to use a 4 channel amp and use 2 channels for the 2 full rang speakers and bridge 2 into 1 channel for the sub and the amp it self filters out all the high and mid range frequencies out and boots the power for the sub)

,But not the best thing to do and you will need the high to low converter and a frequency filter SUBWOOFER ELECTRONIC CROSSOVER to filter the high and mid range frequency’s to give you the bass frequency for the amp to use for the sub.

Hears one

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-AUDIOPIPE-EQ ... 240%3A1318

As for the plug you’ve found in the boot im not to shore what type plug it is or where the loom is coming from ( does it look the same as mine in the pic above ) and is the plug the same shape as the one on the amp you have and the same locating lugs eg;- can only go in one way into the amp.

I hope all that helps you with your install.

MARK

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

thanks for the reply mark... i pulled out the multimeter yesterday and tested all the pins on the loom i found but didnt find any supply voltage but now that i think of it i didnt try ground to the chassis so ill give that a go today...

the sub and amp i have are factory premo options (free air parcel shelf)

this is a pic of the loom i did have a little yellow cover over it
Attachment:
DSC00179.JPG
DSC00179.JPG [ 65.12 KiB | Viewed 879 times ]

Cheer Cam

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:06 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hi MAW, excellent post. Sorry to reinvigorate such an old thread but I stumbled across while google searching.

I'm picking up a brand new Territory TS with premium sound on Friday and wanted to upgrade the system.

What I was wondering was does upgrading just the factory sub using the factory amp make any difference at all for the time being?

And RE the factory amp - so you just wired in the audio to a line level converter or directly to the new amp?? Also - I'm assuming you ran a new power and earth cabling you didn't tap into the factory amp's?

And sorry last question mate - did you notice any increase in OHMs that may make it unsafe for the ICC? I've heard of people frying the ICC after using aftermarket speakers??

Sorry - first brand new car I've ever owned and want to keep the neat factory look (other than a 12" sub in the cargo area) and don't want to void my warranty.

Cheers hope you or someone can help.

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:35 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

A question if I may.

What colour wire going into the factory amp did you tap into to power the 12V remote input of the new amp?

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:43 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Nate2010 wrote:
Hi MAW, excellent post. Sorry to reinvigorate such an old thread but I stumbled across while google searching.

I'm picking up a brand new Territory TS with premium sound on Friday and wanted to upgrade the system.

What I was wondering was does upgrading just the factory sub using the factory amp make any difference at all for the time being?

And RE the factory amp - so you just wired in the audio to a line level converter or directly to the new amp?? Also - I'm assuming you ran a new power and earth cabling you didn't tap into the factory amp's?

And sorry last question mate - did you notice any increase in OHMs that may make it unsafe for the ICC? I've heard of people frying the ICC after using aftermarket speakers??

Sorry - first brand new car I've ever owned and want to keep the neat factory look (other than a 12" sub in the cargo area) and don't want to void my warranty.

Cheers hope you or someone can help.

Sorry for the lateness but I will get back to you on Saturday night, I have been very busy with work of late.

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:47 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Jim5.0 wrote:
A question if I may.

What colour wire going into the factory amp did you tap into to power the 12V remote input of the new amp?

I ran a yellow wire from the lighter in the dash that I used for the 12 volt remote, but I have found this wasn't the best solution, I am going to change it to an existing wire on the factor amp plug soon. I will also get back to you on Saturday night.

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 04 BA mkII xr6t

QLD, Australia

Hi all, what colour where the wires that you spliced into for the rca leads. I have just spent half a day trying to figure it out. I only get power and earth from the yellow and black which is fine but no signal from any other wires.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next