Fordmods Logo

BA crackling speakers 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: BA crackling speakers
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:36 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA Futura

NSW, Australia

I've just installed my amp and sub in the BA. I've amped the sub and the rears, and left the fronts running off the ICC. The amp is being run at about 50-60% gain (Cadence 4 channel somethingorother, ill check when I get home (VA-600??) ).

Now when I turn the volume up to anything above 17 on a particularly loud song, the front and I think also the rears get this crackling sound which I've never heard before in this car. I'm thinking its just the stock speakers can't handle it, but the fronts arent amped :? So yeah is it just the ordinary stock speakers or something more serious?

I'm eventually going to replace all 4 stock speakers and amp the fronts, leaving the rears unamped.

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

175.6 rwkw

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:07 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

its possible the amps have confused the Automatic Volume Limiting feature of BA Sound systems, turn it off and see if it happens, if u have, u may have had the AVL on before, which can tell when speakers are at theyre limits and wont push them harder

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]