Fordmods Logo

Ba Falcon After market stereo install. 2 amps 1 sub and deck 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Ba Falcon After market stereo install. 2 amps 1 sub and deck
Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:19 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford BA XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Hey everyone, New here. Actually think this is my first post. I recently bought a BA xr6 Turbo with 315rwkw. Good Fun, Love it! but It had a basic bottom of the range stereo. So I recently gathered enough audio stuff to put in the car. I spent the past 2 days installing an aftermarket head deck (CDA-137EBT) into my BA Xr6t Sedan with the help from my dad and brother.

Took awhile to figure out how to set it all up. As the topic say. I Installed the following:

After market Head Unit (New)
DNA Ford Facia kit
2 Amps
- 1 for the 4 speakers (Sony 1000watt) (New)
- 1 for the Sub (Fusion 450watt) (Used)
1200watt Xplode Sub (Used)

I used some stuff lying around from previous cars to try save money on the install.
This thread here http://www.fordmods.com/ford-audio-visual-f5/ba-stereo-install-wiring-options-t95678.html Helped me a lot with the wiring. Thanks
Figuring out the wiring for the front speakers was the hardest part in person. So i tried to take photos of some of the stuff to help others out.

Front Right Speaker Wire Locations
ImageFront Right

Front Left Speaker Wire Locations
ImageFront Left

When we ran the 12v power cable for the amps from the battery, we removed the Front Drivers Side wheel. and removed these from the inner guard.
Imagedrivers side inner

That way we could run the cable down threw the guard as it was easiest.
ImageDSC_0109

Then we cut a small hole and pushed the cable threw this grommet located on the drivers side near the footwell.

ImageDSC_0108

The Wire comes out threw this hole next to the accelerator pedal
ImageDSC_0113
ImageDSC_0115

From there Basic install really. Had the 12v cable for the amp run under the carpet to under the passengers seat where it goes to a distribution block. Then from there have 2 cables that goe to each of the amps along with a fuse in between.

Photo of when we were installing the amp under the seat. We cut small little holes in the carpet and ran all the cabling under the carpet and would pop up right in front of the amp for a flush install which looks completely hidden when the seats back in the normal position.
ImageDSC_0121

For the back speakers. we just ran new wires from the amp to them. a lot easier to pass a cable to them unlike the front, which i would of like to do.

I still have a bit of tidying up to do with it. might take more photos soon when its all clean.

ImageDSC_0105

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]