Fordmods Logo

BA Falcon Alarm going off when I start the car. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: BA Falcon Alarm going off when I start the car.
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

I’m having a lot of trouble with the factory alarm going off every time I start the car. It only goes off when I turn key to the start engine position. And there’s nothing I can do to stop it, it times out after about 40 seconds and its rather embarrassing.

Is it a common problem or/if there is a way to disconnect the alarm. Its getting rather frustrating and I’m going to pick your brains before going to the pros and losing money over it.

Thanks,
Nate

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Anyone!!!! PLEASE "BEGS"

Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:49 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Apparently - according to what others have said in the past - this can occur when the battery is on the way out.

Have you still got the battery that came with the car from new?

Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:55 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Im not too sure, I would bet its the factory Battery; However this problem has been going on for awhile months infact. It seems the amps are fine and Im assuming it could be a faulty Alarm or ign barrel... any suggestions on how to ''for now'' turn off the siren?

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon GLI

WA, Australia

a) change your battery
b) find where the siren is trace the wires and disconnect it

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:00 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

You unlock the car with the remote or the key? (gotta use the remote).

It's happened a few times on my GT-P. Some times I hit the remote button, the doors unlock, but the alarm doesn't beep (the alarm is still armed). Lock again, and unlock as long as the right beeps are heard it'll be fine.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:30 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Power: 158 rwkw

Come across this a few times! The times i have seen something like this happened the guilty offender has been the bem module! The module that lives behind the icc unit!

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

jrfttf wrote:
Come across this a few times! The times i have seen something like this happened the guilty offender has been the bem module! The module that lives behind the icc unit!

Ok well I went in and had a look at other posts regarding the BEM and how to disconnect it. Ref: http://www.fordmods.com/forums/bem-icc-change-t60989-20.html?highlight=remove%20icc

Removed the first plug no problems however when I removed the second plug in the WS manuals directions the alarm siren went off again (oh that familiar sound) I was able to get the plug back in to silence the alarm.

Any ideas what’s going on here? Is my BEM faulty or the plug…

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Ok I’m absolutely at wits end with this siren $hit so does anyone know where it resides exactly I cant seem to find it and I want to cut off.

Ta

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:10 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

If the cars still under warranty Ford will fix it, if not give 'em a try anyway as it's a known problem.

In the mean time, the siren is steathily hidden (and hard to get to), on the drivers side quarter panel in the engine bay, blocked by the brake booster / master cylinder.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

data_mine wrote:
If the cars still under warranty Ford will fix it, if not give 'em a try anyway as it's a known problem.

In the mean time, the siren is steathily hidden (and hard to get to), on the drivers side quarter panel in the engine bay, blocked by the brake booster / master cylinder.

Im on a extremy tight budget, I work lots of overtime for things as simple as rego and services. Ford will nay be getting my sweat. No the cars not under warranty.

Do you happen to know the best way to get at it?

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:16 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Still here.. Selling Ba falcon $10000 take this car off me.

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

My alarm is in under the drivers side splash guard. You have to pull the splash guard to get to it. Bastard of job to do too - I've had to cut off the firtree clips holding the splash guard in and put new ones in.

The early BA alarms had a special BEM with Alarm operation integrated. Later Alarms didn't require BEM replacement and operated standalone.

I too have had (and have again now) the issue with the Alarm sounding when the car started. My car is now just over 5 years old. First time happened when the car was over 2.5 years old. It started getting worse and worse. Swapped the battery, and bang, it went away completely. That battery had a deep-discharge event early in it's life though.

And recently it has started again. But since the life of a battery is around 3 years anyway, I'll just have to get another one.

I believe the problem occurs because when cranking, the voltage of the battery drops to a level below the Alarm voltage input threshold. When the alarm thinks there's no battery it thinks it is a tamper event and goes off.

Bloody annoying, I agree. No wonder they changed the alarm design so quickly afterwards.

Interestingly, because the Alarm is integrated into the BEM, I can do queries of Alarm events using the Ford Diagnostic tool - asking thiings like what triggered the last 5 events as an example.

Lukeyson

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]