Post subject: BA Reverse Sensors and aftermarket Head Unit
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:32 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Fairmont Ghia BA 5.4L V8, AU 6

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Hey Everyone,

I just finished putting in an after market DVD player into my BA Fairmont. and i noticed that i lost my reverse sensors. Can they be connected to the after market CD player and if so how? What used to happen was when i chucked it into reverse, the back speakers would turn off and the beepers would go through the rear speakers.

Thanks in advance!!! :)

Attachments:
P1000155.JPG
P1000155.JPG [ 496.97 KiB | Viewed 273 times ]
P1000160.JPG
P1000160.JPG [ 402.09 KiB | Viewed 265 times ]
P1000156.JPG
P1000156.JPG [ 395 KiB | Viewed 252 times ]

Chaos, Panic and Disorder. My work here is finally done.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4L. Mods -Full Exhaust, Chipped, Custom Intake, CAI @205.4RWKW.
Stezza - Alpine Type R Splits & 6x9's, Alpine 400w RMS 4ch, 380w RMS Pioneer Mono, 2x12" Pioneer Subs and an AVH-P5950DVD Player.

Post subject: Re: BA Reverse Sensors and aftermarket Head Unit
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2005 MkII BA Fairmont

VIC, Australia

I'm driving the same (05 BA MkII Mont) and have been faced with a similar problem, although I hadn't dealt with it yet.

One thing I was unsure of, was whether the beep actually came through the rear speakers or some special hidden tweeters. Your situation would suggest that it is the rear speakers, but in my case I'm not sure. Everyone says that when the sensor goes off, their rear speakers mute, but mine certainly don't do that. I just stuck a wheelie bin behind the car and did some tests with fader. With only back speakers active, the beep came without the music being muted (since only back speakers were working, there should have been no music at all). When i turn fader other way, and muted the back speakers, the beep comes anyway (i assume thats a safety feature so you can't actually mute the beep though). I've been meaning to unplug the back speakers completely just to test, but haven't got around to it, although you might've answered that question.

As to solutions! Having installed the after market head unit, you've just severed the speaker wires at the back of the ICC, which is presumably where the beep noise comes from. I was thinking that when I got round to dealing with this, if it was a problem, you could just mute the radio and reroute the old rear speaker wires from the ICC and hook them up to a pair of tweeters, which you could put anywhere in your car. They could be really cheap, just need to make sure they are of adequate resistance for the ICC (4 ohm? i forget).

Post subject: Re: BA Reverse Sensors and aftermarket Head Unit
Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

I have an after market FORD reversing system. In my kit I have a crap little speaker attached close to the rear speaker hole. The problem I have it is not loud enough. I wish to find a wire and attach it to the ICC, so the rear speakers work. Someone has some ideas? I can't find anything!!

Now with an After Market DVD, do you still have attached the rear speakers to the ICC or the deck??? You wouldn't get any beep if the rear speakers are not connected to the ICC any more. I can think or three options.

1) I'm also not sure if you attach the After Market DVD MUTE wire from the deck to the mute wire of the ICC that would silence your music and hear the beep? (Can someone confirm this works?) (Probably not a good option thinking about it, only if you had a FORD Bluetooth kit)

2) Alternatively you can attach the MUTE wire from the deck to the reverse signal, making sure your original speaker wires from the ICC are also attached to the rear speakers. So when you hit reverse the music is muted and you should hear the ICC beep through the rear speakers.

3) If you have an amp, something more complicated. Also attach the MUTE wire from the deck to the reverse signal. Take the rear ICC speaker wires into a High Low Converter, then from the RCA outputs attach Y connectors to the amplifiers rear speakers RCA connectors. So you would have two inputs per Rear Channel. (Reverse sensor and After Market DVD input). So when you are in reverse adjust the high low converter to have the optimum loudness through your amp and rear speakers.

So all you speakers in the car go only to the new DVD deck? or do you have a parallel system where the DVD deck and ICC both play music through the speakers?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]