Fordmods Logo

best battery for $$$ 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: best battery for $$$
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

a m8 has a yellow top he reckons it crap when ge ran it flat (its a deep cycle) he could not get it 2 chrage so i had to but works battery bank in parral with it and let the big computer controled chargers bring it back 2 life

and a forum member reckons he is ion his 3rd

i need it to power my DD 9915 anda an earthquake phd5000w amp producing 45000wrms @ 1ohm

but i ama tight a$$ and have speant to much on amp and sub so what would u guys run

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

well with taht load i wouldnt be running a single battery of any kind....ive had a yellow top in mine - well 2 first got a dead cell after 2 months but apparently that is common....under warranty got brand new one and now its been great for 4 months...thats an 800cca D34....plus 2x 650cca oddysessies

For youd id be looking at 2x 800cca D34s in parrallel thats a bit of dosh tho but for your gear mate no point in having it without a good constant supply of quality power...are u actually pulling 4500rms tho (im sure u meant that and not 45000wrms :P )

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

also u might look into just having good cable like 0 gauge for power and earth and 4 or so guage to your subs 8 would probably be fine tho.....that my opinion but even one good yellow top with a good capacitor like 5+ farad

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

just out of curiousity, are you a member on www.caraudioaustralia.com.au ?

Banned

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yea i am.
and amember of
fordforums.com.au
fordforums.com
fordxr6t.com
ocau
cqgl

am i able top run my yellow top and then have my other batter in teh boot in parral its a decent job 750cca and im lloking for a decent cab at the moment
on ebay there is a 25farad ligtning audio cab will this do

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

gros20 wrote:
yea i am.
and amember of
fordforums.com.au
fordforums.com
fordxr6t.com
ocau
cqgl

am i able top run my yellow top and then have my other batter in teh boot in parral its a decent job 750cca and im lloking for a decent cab at the moment
on ebay there is a 25farad ligtning audio cab will this do

Yes u can run them in parrallel still but for the costs of cablin etc over tat legnth from fron to back.. i wouldnt....if your serious about a good strong install mate then id have a distro block in the engine bay with 4 guage running to the boot linked to the batteries connect in parallel over as small a distance as possible.

And I use a 2 farad rockford cap so yea the lighting one will be fine for your install if u can get it cheap

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

i can get 0,2,4,8 and any thing up to about 5 times as large as 0 quake its about the size of skinny can of deodrant (rexona) which is about the size of a can of those energy drinks. any way its all free and we ahev hydrolic crimper at work

so nothing extra is required when running battries in parral?

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

gros20 wrote:
i can get 0,2,4,8 and any thing up to about 5 times as large as 0 quake its about the size of skinny can of deodrant (rexona) which is about the size of a can of those energy drinks. any way its all free and we ahev hydrolic crimper at work

so nothing extra is required when running battries in parral?

No way any thing tha thick would be required for car audio....but anyway mostof that is for home and industrial use...so no need....thats some phat cable tho. :wink:

Theres nothing really to running them in parrallel its if u wanna run a relay that way u only run one battery for starting and then when u go to accessory the relay quicks over the other battery....god if one veer goes flat and u need to start ya car.....

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

i don't wnat to go to the relay way but some oen told me if i use 2 different batterys they will drain each other when not in use.
i will carry a large jump starter pack with me at all times but no way would i run down my volst taht much as i would cook my amp.
less volts = more amps = equals big paper wieght

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

Quote:
45000wrms @ 1ohm

Damn ... that's huge.
U'll need more than one battery for that.
You might need a powerstation to run that actually.

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Mechan1k wrote:
Quote:
45000wrms @ 1ohm

Damn ... that's huge.
U'll need more than one battery for that.
You might need a powerstation to run that actually.

Yeah i mentioned that..good ol typos lol :P

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

gros20 wrote:
i don't wnat to go to the relay way but some oen told me if i use 2 different batterys they will drain each other when not in use.
i will carry a large jump starter pack with me at all times but no way would i run down my volst taht much as i would cook my amp.
less volts = more amps = equals big paper wieght

Well they supposedly can load balance but not really. This would work if the 2 batteries were purely for the sound system and not starting the car as the start batt will get more current drawn from it starting the car.

Unless i spose u had the starter cabling going into a distribution point that evenly distributed to both batteries but then still the current draw wont be even

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]