BF Boot install questions 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: BF Boot install questions
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:26 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2006 BF Mk1 XR8

NSW, Australia

G'day folks

So like a lot of people getting a little sick of the lack of boot space i've got these days with the 2 12" pioneers i've got (Similar to these subs) in my BF XR8 (plus the sub box keeps sliding around and hitting the baskets of my 6x9's).

Thinking of doing a custom boot install just and building something similar to this on Ebay

I'll be building my own but has anyone used anything like that? Did you take out the carpet covering the spare to make a "bigger" sub box under it or leave it in (so its a smaller box). Not really sure whats under that ebay sub box, looks like it raises up on a slight angle at the front where the subs are to accommodate the sub baskets

I will probably mount it normally and try to flush mount it (reverse mount in the floor in might make it pretty hard to put bigger things in)

Which leads to my next question, what sort of material can you use over the top of a sub to protect it when mounted on the floor like that? I was thinking of putting some sort of "wide spaced" mesh grille (though i spose the grille spacing doesn't really matter just what ever looks good) aswell as carpet the box to match the car (like the ebay one)

oooor does anyone have any better sub mounting ideas?

I thought of "boxing" in the 2 rear corners (behind the rear lights), possibly reverse mount depending on how much volumes behind ther and going one each side (and still boxing in the center floor section to hide my amps, if the subs are in the floor, i'll probably box the sides and put the amps there)

Cheers all

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]