Fordmods Logo

bf falcon audio upgrade 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 11791

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

Location: SE Melb
VIC, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
mitch_anderson wrote:
ummm...jaycar stuff is supposed to be up there...!
there splits are one of the best splits compared to some of the stuff that pioneer and other company's upto the value of arround $300!


yeh they are sorta up there but not really the amount of stuff ive heard bout them with faults and returns plus they just dont back the quality and features you find with the mainstream brand gear hence why there so much cheaper than them.

Mate i work for them as a rep and i have never had a speaker returned as an RA - have had some amps due to d***head reverse polarising them!

 

_________________

Nicko

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 529

Joined: 23rd Aug 2006

Ride: 2000 AU Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

rhysy_boi wrote:
it is 900W nominal, 2300peak but my amp is only putting out 400W at 2-Ohms to it.

Rhyso


aahhh i see what you mean...

time to upgrade your amp then me thinks, man these woofers f**k kick. I Edge Series amplifier is made especially for the T4 series and thats what i got, brilliant amp... Man i tell you what, apart from their decks, SS make some f**k kick a** s**t...

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Neo_nick wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
mitch_anderson wrote:
ummm...jaycar stuff is supposed to be up there...!
there splits are one of the best splits compared to some of the stuff that pioneer and other company's upto the value of arround $300!


yeh they are sorta up there but not really the amount of stuff ive heard bout them with faults and returns plus they just dont back the quality and features you find with the mainstream brand gear hence why there so much cheaper than them.

Mate i work for them as a rep and i have never had a speaker returned as an RA - have had some amps due to d***head reverse polarising them!


ok yes sorry I should have stated amplifiers...and yes :P some due to the DYI installers...wasnt me lol but also legit returns....no doubt for the money they do the job...just personally id prefer to spend the bit extra...but yeh just from the exposure ive had in this area

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 2

Joined: 13th Sep 2006

Ride: xr6t ute

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

thanks gentlemen for your advice...
i definatly want to use the factory head unit as the vehicle is under a company lease so i need to be able to turn it back to stock easily
i have a budget around $1500 so if any one can suggest what components to use and where to purchase/get installed in the brisbane area that help would be great ive been to the 3 big audio retailers in bris
and have been bamboozled by all the different options i just want something that has a good sound with decent bass (if possible on my budget) any more help out there would be appreciated

 

 

Attachments:
media1.jpeg
media1.jpeg [ 6.54 KiB | Viewed 1250 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:31 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 334

Joined: 7th May 2005

Ride: BA Falcon

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

nice car mate! i'd say for $1500 you'd be looking at line out convertors, thats about $40 for some quite good ones from the www.caraudioaustralia.com store, then i'd split it up $400 for front splits, $400 for a 4-channel amp, and $400 for a decent 10" sub. leave the rest for install. or if you are not too woried about adding a little bit of weight (couple of kilos) i'd get the front doors sound deadened and the access panels sealed. this will increase the midbass response of your splits and a very noticable extra listening pleasure. that would be about $300 at a store normally but will be abit less if you get it all done together so say split it up $300 for splits, $400, $250-300 for sub and the rest on soudn deadening + install. should sound quite nice!

Rhyso

 

_________________

BA XT, typhoon intake, K&N filter, XR 17" wheels, red/black brakes, Ford scuff plates

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:32 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 334

Joined: 7th May 2005

Ride: BA Falcon

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Razor7107 wrote:
rhysy_boi wrote:
it is 900W nominal, 2300peak but my amp is only putting out 400W at 2-Ohms to it.

Rhyso


aahhh i see what you mean...

time to upgrade your amp then me thinks, man these woofers f**k kick. I Edge Series amplifier is made especially for the T4 series and thats what i got, brilliant amp... Man i tell you what, apart from their decks, SS make some f**k kick a** s**t...


they have some nice as dvd decks out now.

i sure wouldn't be thinking of upgrading my sub considering my amp costs over $2k new and i'm not an SPL head, i have system set up for nice-ish SQ.

Rhyso

 

_________________

BA XT, typhoon intake, K&N filter, XR 17" wheels, red/black brakes, Ford scuff plates

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 35

Posts: 516

Joined: 3rd Dec 2004

Ride: SZ Titanium & ZG Fairlane

Location: Roxby Downs
SA, Australia

I too run soundstream in my car and it sounds pretty awesome but it may be a tad expensive if it is a company car or whatever. Maybe you should checkout some pioneer 3 way 6 inch speakers they are pretty decent for what they are and cheap too. thats the 220watt ones they are the silver ones.

Sorry if I am stealing your thread but I was thinking about going 2 X 12 inch Tarantula subs in my EL XR8. How do you guys find your subs? Do you think that 2 would be too much? I have 2 X 12 old alpine subs at the moment.

 

_________________

Image
F6 Rspec #139 - Stock Car Racing

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:45 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 529

Joined: 23rd Aug 2006

Ride: 2000 AU Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

phatal wrote:
I too run soundstream in my car and it sounds pretty awesome but it may be a tad expensive if it is a company car or whatever. Maybe you should checkout some pioneer 3 way 6 inch speakers they are pretty decent for what they are and cheap too. thats the 220watt ones they are the silver ones.

Sorry if I am stealing your thread but I was thinking about going 2 X 12 inch Tarantula subs in my EL XR8. How do you guys find your subs? Do you think that 2 would be too much? I have 2 X 12 old alpine subs at the moment.


they are the blue cones acctually, i have them in the front of my car.

As for the subs, i too was thinkin of getting an extra 12" Tarantula, running of another amp and in a seperate box but as it is now my entire car and windscreen shakes, my front mirror fell off the window so i got a new one and reinforced it.... 2 of these subs would kick so hard you would probably need an extra capacitor and maybe an extra battery. So thats quite a bit of extra cash you'll need. 1 of these subs is enough to win SPL comps (sometimes) so 2 would be over the top in my opinion...

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:09 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 1298

Joined: 4th Apr 2006

Ride: BA 3v ute

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

i have had one install in my ba ute, got a hi/lo converter, 6" splits, 4ch amp and a 6" tube sub, sounded good for a while but im not happy with it now so next upgrade is a pioneer head unit, 6x9's in the rear corners, another amp and 10" sub.

in my opinion cheap hi/lo converters are rubbish, speakers get that computer speaker fuzzy sound, amp stays on even when you turn the radio off. i would be spending at least $200-300 on a good one, you will get 3rca out (front, rear, sub) amp gets turned off when you turn the radio off and no computer speaker noise! jb hifi have a good one or you can try asl http://www.asllogistics.com/ford_upgrades.html

hope this helps a bit

 

_________________

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:58 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 35

Posts: 516

Joined: 3rd Dec 2004

Ride: SZ Titanium & ZG Fairlane

Location: Roxby Downs
SA, Australia

Razor7107 wrote:
they are the blue cones acctually, i have them in the front of my car.

As for the subs, i too was thinkin of getting an extra 12" Tarantula, running of another amp and in a seperate box but as it is now my entire car and windscreen shakes, my front mirror fell off the window so i got a new one and reinforced it.... 2 of these subs would kick so hard you would probably need an extra capacitor and maybe an extra battery. So thats quite a bit of extra cash you'll need. 1 of these subs is enough to win SPL comps (sometimes) so 2 would be over the top in my opinion...


Nah mate I meant the grey / silver ones they are the TS-E1695. They crank pretty well for standard speakers, even running straight off of the pioneer decks.

I thought that 2 would be over the top. I got a quote for 2 12" Tarantulas and a Lightning Audio amp to run them and that was going to be $2500 just for the subs and amp. Not including install and wiring and things like capacitors, sound deadening etc. etc. So I ended up thinking it would be too much. It would be truly awesome though. As long as they didn't blow the boot apart.

 

_________________

Image
F6 Rspec #139 - Stock Car Racing

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Razor7107 wrote:
phatal wrote:
I too run soundstream in my car and it sounds pretty awesome but it may be a tad expensive if it is a company car or whatever. Maybe you should checkout some pioneer 3 way 6 inch speakers they are pretty decent for what they are and cheap too. thats the 220watt ones they are the silver ones.

Sorry if I am stealing your thread but I was thinking about going 2 X 12 inch Tarantula subs in my EL XR8. How do you guys find your subs? Do you think that 2 would be too much? I have 2 X 12 old alpine subs at the moment.


they are the blue cones acctually, i have them in the front of my car.

As for the subs, i too was thinkin of getting an extra 12" Tarantula, running of another amp and in a seperate box but as it is now my entire car and windscreen shakes, my front mirror fell off the window so i got a new one and reinforced it.... 2 of these subs would kick so hard you would probably need an extra capacitor and maybe an extra battery. So thats quite a bit of extra cash you'll need. 1 of these subs is enough to win SPL comps (sometimes) so 2 would be over the top in my opinion...


if your interested in just when comps are getting large DB figures single subs will do the job if setup correctly...ive seen a single Type-R 12" sub thats only 500w RMS pulled just shy of 150db....with a burp tone.

SO dont think to get massive bass and large DB that u need 22" woofers, multiple woofers or woofers with huge power outputs....even these 900w RMS sound streams subs arent that crazy....try being in an SPL winning comp car its incredible....pyroay was selling orion or DD subs on hear previously that were Quad coil and put down 2000w RMS nominal per coil at 1 or 0.5ohm...:P

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 35

Posts: 516

Joined: 3rd Dec 2004

Ride: SZ Titanium & ZG Fairlane

Location: Roxby Downs
SA, Australia

I wasn't looking at them for sound comps or anything like that as I live in the country. It would be purely for my own listening pleasure. I was interested in getting two of the tarantula subs as the old alpine subs that I have are only 150 RMS (installed 1998) and now sound pretty crap as I have Tarantula splits in the front (150RMS) and Tarantula coaxials in the rear (120RMS) so the subs just can't keep up really.

 

_________________

Image
F6 Rspec #139 - Stock Car Racing

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:45 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 334

Joined: 7th May 2005

Ride: BA Falcon

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

two tarantula's would definately be way over the top for daily listening.

and if you are talking of going coaxial speakers your better off going a 2-way speakers, for the same price you'll get a better sounding unit as there are less things that are absorbed in the cost price. eg you buy a $200 set of coaxials, 2-ways your paying say for example sake $100 for the tweeter and $100 for the woofer, if it's a 3-way your paying $66 for tweeter, $66 for mid tweeter and $66 for woofer. you are going to get better sound out of a 2-way than a 3-way of similar price.

but seriously you are so much better off going with some splits it's not funny. you will be able to set up a relay with the ICC so that when you turn the audio off your amp turns off too so don't worry about that. if you get quality LOC's you shouldn't ahve any fuzz etc, the reason i suggested those ones on CAA is there are many people on the site using those and having no problems at all. above that your looking at about double the price for similar quality ones or you can go a few hundred and get a rockford fosgate 360.1 but that will blow out the cost of your system and i believe it's not worth it.

get onto CAA as theres a few guys starting to ask about BA's on there, or you can make a post and ask in your price range as there are some guys who know what they are on about.

Rhyso

 

_________________

BA XT, typhoon intake, K&N filter, XR 17" wheels, red/black brakes, Ford scuff plates

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:22 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 40

Posts: 59

Joined: 13th Jul 2005

Ride: BA

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Eclipse do some nice stuff, and their 5x7 speakers slot right in with minimum fuss.

 

_________________

The difference between pornography and erotica is lighting.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:59 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names