Are these easy to install. What the general run down,

Cheers,
Luke

Post subject: re car alarm
Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:03 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: el futura wagon

QLD, Australia

Dont know if ef comes with smart lock but this may not be compatible.I think u can only go for upgrade alarms

Post subject: Huh
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:03 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: VT S PACK

VIC, Australia

what do u mean by upgrade alarms? THe EF Has smartlock. Does this cause a problem.

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:03 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: NF Fairlane V8

VIC, Australia

Well I recently installed an FM 2-way remote start alarm into my fairlane and I can tell you now it's no easy task!!
To clear a few things up 'Smartlock' is an engine immobiliser and will only cause you problems with remote start alarms..
At the moment your EF should toot the horn if a door is ajar and the door locks cycle to an open state again, that function will no longer work with a remote alarm locking the doors because your bypassing the BEM(Body Electronics Module).
I had to design an interface cct to replicate that function for my alarm system (I also can detect if the petrol flap is open now as well. :twisted: )

And unless your handy with a multimeter and are able to read circuit diagrams I wouldn't attemp this but it can be done (It took me about 2 weeks of fiddling and adjusting to get my system working the way I wanted)

So unless you have some background in electronics I'd suggest finding someone to install it. :wink:

The TORQUE Monster project begins!

Pic's, details and all the yummy stuff:
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22693

"There's no replacement for displacement!"

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:15 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: BA XR6 turbo

ACT, Australia

yeah i wouldnt bother getting a fully aftermarket alarm i would recomend an up-grade which will tap in too the smart lock alarm and give u a bunch of extra things best way to go as far as i see

If you think life is bad. Imagine being a egg...you only get laid once, you only get smashed once and the only bird that sits on your face is your mum!

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon EGas

WA, Australia

NFGhia wrote:
At the moment your EF should toot the horn if a door is ajar and the door locks cycle to an open state again, that function will no longer work with a remote alarm locking the doors because your bypassing the BEM(Body Electronics Module).

My alarm does this, I have an autowatch alarm and use the factory keypad to work both the locks and the alarm at the same time.

If door is ajar, locks cycle to unlock, alarm disarms, horn sounds and lets me know.

Just thought I'd let you know mate.

BA Falcon Futura on EGas. Stock as...

EF 5 speed manual; PH 4480 Pacemaker Headers; 2 1/2" Lukey Mandrel Bent System; Hi Flow Walker Cat; Stage 3 Crow Cam; ChipTorque Chip; 3" Mandrel Bent Intake; K&N Pod Filter; Low Pedders Suspension; 17" EL GT Champagne Rims; RPM Series Clutch

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Oettinger Golf GTI

NSW, Australia

any alarm will work

recently put one of those fm pager alarms into terroristghia's car.. only took bit under 3 hours.

remote start, do you really need it? its a bit of hassle for nothing that you will constantly use along with most insurance companies having a major whinge about it bein installed.

on that note, most insurance companies require someone with an alarm installers license to fit your alarm otherwise they wont cover you for it.

its not that hard to install, but if u dont know what you r doing dont do it :P

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: VT S PACK

VIC, Australia

Yeah thanks for that. do you think car alarms are really worth it. I wouldnt mind a remote start. it is kinda cool. does anyone know where i can get one and also anyone know anyone in melb who installs alarms at a good price. JB wont do it coz its not their own, otherwise id get them

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]