Fordmods Logo

change-over headunit into EB 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: change-over headunit into EB
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:32 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Eb2 ghia

VIC, Australia

hey, as the title states, im looking to upgrade the stereo system into something a bit more shmicko,
i need to know a few things before i start though so any advice or help here would be really appreciated!
i want to know whats a good looking and functional headunit to use, i want to use ipod mainly so if theres no cd that doesnt matter, i have a cd changer in the boot so maybe that could be connected?? (long shot)??
now would a double din unit fit into my eb ok or would it require too much modding? i like the look of double din touch screen units but it might be best to keep it single and simple... lol

and while im here is the pioneer premium sound worth keeping or should i replace all the speakers while im at it?would the subwoofer still work if i left the existing in? i think it sounds alright as it is now with the original sound system in it, would it work with a new unit, say a pioneer one and be compatible with the changer?
if i replace them can i get speakers to fit the existing as i dont wana be up for heaps of mod work for bigger holes etc,

any help or opinions would be great!
even anyone with any decent gear they wana offload would be good!

thanks fellas :P

Post subject: Re: change-over headunit into EB
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:41 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

what do you think XR-LANE?

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:28 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford EB II Falcon

SA, Australia

Start with a new head unit and see how you go sound wise. Also for the double din head unit you will need to do some custom work with fiberglass to get it to fit.

OLD CAR: EB II Falcon, Everglade Green, 250thous (Rough Guess), Wildcat Extractors, 2.5 Exhaust with Muffler + Hot Dog, 18 Inch Rodney Jane Mags, XH Snorkel, EA MPEFI Tubing !

NEW CAR: 1996 TE Magna...Mods Soon To Come

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:33 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED falcon gli - XR6 replica

ACT, Australia

i have an alpine IDA-X100 in my xtrail. very impressed. doesnt play CD's, only digital media and it is Ipod ready. i have an 10gig USB in my glovebox with most of my tunes on it and its awesome. very user friendly interface too.

Ford ED Falcon Gli, T5 conv, Twinlight lights, exedy sports tuff clutch, modified EA front grill, ED XR6 complete interior, 19" speedy graphites, monroe gt shocks, kingspring superlows, CAI, ported tickford head, 3:45 LSD.
Soon: paccies, custom centre console

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:39 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

i think ill stick to a single unit then, i looked up the idax100 on google it looks good,does it havea removable face or is it solid? theres a couple on ebay for $430 is this good?..

does anyone know how the premo sound goes with aftermarket units? its pretty good with the factory one but with the extra power im not sure,

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:44 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

its semi removable. the screen part stays on the unit. yeh thats pretty good, i did some research and bought it when they were brand new 2 yrs ago. had to order one in from an alpine dealer because no one had them, they all had the ida x001 (first model not too good). i paid $515 (699 retail at the time) because i was installing it myself and the guy didnt know if they were any good cos he hadnt worked with them yet.

Ford ED Falcon Gli, T5 conv, Twinlight lights, exedy sports tuff clutch, modified EA front grill, ED XR6 complete interior, 19" speedy graphites, monroe gt shocks, kingspring superlows, CAI, ported tickford head, 3:45 LSD.

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:02 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

does it connect up easy?

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

will a new one connect straight in with the existing wiring?

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:57 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

well it wont just plug in unless you existing head deck uses those ISO connections and the new has the same. otherwise you should have battery +, acc, earth, and 2 wires each for 4 speakers.

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:52 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Fairmont Ghia BA 5.4L V8, AU 6

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Hey Dude,

I got a Pioner AVH-P5950DVD. Its an old model single din, but the best deck ive had yet. Plays DVD, AUX, and direct i-pod control. had it for about 2-3 years and still going good. I heard Pioneer's new stuff is meant to be good aye.

Chaos, Panic and Disorder. My work here is finally done.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4L. Mods -Full Exhaust, Chipped, Custom Intake, CAI @205.4RWKW.
Stezza - Alpine Type R Splits & 6x9's, Alpine 400w RMS 4ch, 380w RMS Pioneer Mono, 2x12" Pioneer Subs and an AVH-P5950DVD Player.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]