Post subject: Cheap Chinese 2DIN Hacking & WinCE5
Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:36 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: V8 VE Calais V Spec

Power: 262 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Hi all,

Just looking for opinions on the different Chinese 2DIN WinCE Decks out there at the moment.
I know there are some crap ones, and some not so crap ones, Just wondering what people have, what they paid (roughly), and what features they have on them.

(Looking at fitting a small fleet of service vehicles out with these things, mainly for the GPS functions, and for WinCE.

I got one unit working with a USB WIFI stick, Windows CE completely hacked with IE, Media Player, Office Mobile, Mouse, keyboard, touch screen, 8 Gig USB Stick TCPMP player, and steering wheel volume controls lifted from an AU.. (But was expensive, and the DVD/SD Chipset has been faulty since day dot)

I have another one that WinCE is marginally hacked, (Cannot add files to ROM), that I can run stuff from, (But cannot install .Net Framework on it, so it wont run what I want), but has been reliable as can be.... (But I can no longer get this model anymore)

And one more that has the same firmware as above, but made by someone else, that blew the amplifier board (overheated) within 1 week of install...

Anyone got any good suggestions as to models that can be bought now, that can be hacked (No ROM Read only files) and that will last longer than a week ?

VE Calais V8, IQ, HSV instruments and brembos fitted.
IQ, IPC, BCM all hacked and programmed without TECH2 :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]