Fordmods Logo

clarion sub package? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: clarion sub package?
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:52 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA falcon

SA, Australia

was just lookin through the latest autobarn catalogue and found a clarion sub package, 600W 12" subwoofer, 200W 2CH amp & custom designed high SPL slot ported enclosure for 600w clarion sub for $269, u guys rekon this would sound any gd?

Real Men Smoke Rubber

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

for the money and what not yeh it would sound alrite...for crusing music to listen to a bit of good bass it would do the job....just nothing crazy....

like anything .. u get what u pay for... its not crap but nothing special either....it may pointless for ya needs then again it may do the job to exactly or better than what u want it for....all comes down to what you want out of an incar audio system and whether you plan to do anything with it...along with all the other s**t like budget etc but yeh u get me :P

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:03 pm 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

ahk kool, i wnt it 2 hav enough bass so it can shake da rear view mirrow and da numberplate lol, coz dats wat my mates cars do.

Real Men Smoke Rubber

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

yeah but when number plates rattle that aint all that cool - its just annoying!! and not for you but was you drive down the sreet people look at you in not one of those nice was normally!!

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Demo_efman wrote:
yeah but when number plates rattle that aint all that cool - its just annoying!! and not for you but was you drive down the sreet people look at you in not one of those nice was normally!!

Yea seems kinda getto.

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

ducati119 wrote:
ahk kool, i wnt it 2 hav enough bass so it can shake da rear view mirrow and da numberplate lol, coz dats wat my mates cars do.

yeh well mate having rattles doesnt prove a thing....an 8" woofer can give your car rattles....plus ask anyone involved pretty heavy in car audio and you will find the overwhelming majority dont feel the same way as u regarding rattles and so on...

hence why u see so many threads popup about guiys n gals wanting to know what the hell they can do to rid rattles and other vibrating bits etc from certian areas of the car.....

If its ya mates you wanna nail....simply ask em what sub/subs they are running....just get a model......and the amp...they run off...then I can tell ya what you need...and whether it fits to your budget....

If you want ya boot lid and number plate to rattle....just get a cheap sony 15" woofer...but it in a ported box...and i mean a big a** friggin box...and have it fire on a diagnoal at the bootlid and towards the rear of the boot....

i gurantee u it will be vibrations galore....but as to sound, performance, output, clarity it wont be any where near as good as alot of systems you will hear and goping cheap is just a waste of time and money espescially if its just to try n show up close friends....save some cash...get a real setup and compete where it means more..

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yea save up for proper stuff dont be an idot like me.

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:49 am 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

ye i dnt like da rattle lol, i just ment like i wnt it gd enough. haha

Real Men Smoke Rubber

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

ducati119 wrote:
ye i dnt like da rattle lol, i just ment like i wnt it gd enough. haha

well in that case Id say yes that kit is good value for the money but for hwat you want id be patient and save more.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]