Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Custom speaker pods..
Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU III XR8 347ci

ACT, Australia

Hey guys.
Im after some custom door pods & a-pillars to mount my 6.5" splits up front in my el falcon.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Post subject: Fiberglass
Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Hey, I dont know how good you are at making your own stuff but i have got dvd's on how to fiberglass your own custom pods and everything for car audio. I got them from:

http://www.caraudiohelp.com/

ive watched both fiberglass 1 and 2 and both are very good.

I always think you appreciate the car more if you do the work.

have a look you might become a pro installer from watching them :lol:

Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: XR6

VIC, Australia

look in my gallery thats an option if you make them yourself

BA XR8 BOSS 260
Winter White
18' gt-p wheels
Flash Tuned
2 jl 13.5' w3's
tv indash

Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:53 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: ef fairmont ghia

VIC, Australia

i made my own for my sisters seca and my mate and i made some for his tx3 turbo hatch. They are very easy and there are no vibrations either. What you need to do is go to an auto shop and buy a set of spaces for the speakers to fit into and sub carpet. Then go to bunnings or any other hard ware store and buy some 3 mm plywood and a couple of rectangular blocks say 4 inches high so u can adjust the height and about an inch thick so it won't break when a screw or nail is inserted into it.

Step one: get the outline of the area u wish to put the spaker pod onto and trace the outline onto the plywood and cut out with a jig saw. make sure it fits correctly before the next step.

Step two: get the spacer and estimate how far of an angle you wish to put the speakers on, once decided grab the 2 rectangular blocks and mark out where u want to cut them but be aware of the depth of the speaker.

Step three: get a small screw and screw the piece of rectangular block to the base of the plywood. It is up to you whether you want to cut the block on an angle so the spacer sits flush. I personally didn't do it on any but its up to you.

Step four: attach the spacer to the block i nailed them together, just be aware not to use a thick or long nail as it will break the block. I also drilled antoher hole in the spacer and the plywood at the bottom and used a piece of wire to hold the spacer in place, that will be ur finished product.

Step five: Carpet and install make sure you have drilled a hole on the plywood so you can feed through the wiring.

Step six: ENJOY

i will post pics if you guys want to see a finished pod. If you need anymore help just message me or repost in this subject.

Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: EL Falcon GLI

VIC, Australia

that is ABSOULTLEY AMAZING! pics would be nice, i just installed my new 220 watt speakers in the front yesterday, wish i read this post before then :( woulda looked better than it does now, but oh well what can i do? i had to cut out the original speaker covers (97 Falcon GLI) because the Sonys dont fit under them very well, how bloody hard is it to remove the original speakers!!!! if there was an easier way, id like to know about it!!!
Ill post pics when im finished, i hope it looks good!!!
Jason

Buy my car :) cause i just bought a BA XR6 :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]