Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: DVD recorder
Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

NSW, Australia

hey guys

Im just wondering if there is any way that I could hook up a dvd recorder to record whatever is on my in dash dvd player?

Like if I hooked up a camera to my in dash dvd player, I could record what picture shows up on the dvd recorder

does that make any sense at all? lol

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:36 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 6.0L VE Calais-V

VIC, Australia

What screen, DVD player, etc do you have? If the screen has rear monitor out, you could record from that, but depending on the brand/model you might only get the internal DVD picture, no GUI or external inputs. If that's the case, you could have a switchable RCA box, so rear monitor goes in, and camera goes it and the output goes to a DVD recorder, but you'd have to manual switch it.

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I have a pioneer AVH-P5750DVD

so can u simplify that plz lol its late but I didnt really understand that

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:19 am 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

What would you like to record?

You won't need to record what is being played from a DVD in the 5750, will you? You will just want to record from external devices, yeah?

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

xbox with modded dvd burner and software to record video :P

Sure it would be possible not too expensive either :P

Be good for the guys running cameras...be cool to record some video of hooning round a race track and so on :P

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yeh I have a video camera I want to hook up, but its a bit broken and does not record.. so i wanted to have whats on the screen on my screen and have like a dvd recorder hooked up to record it off the dvd player.. or have like a spy cam like hyena has done playing on player and record it... so is there any way I can hook up a dvd recorder of some sort?

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:20 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

Well, if you want to record from the actual DVD player, you will need to use the rear monitor output from the screen and plug it into the recorder.

If you want to record from the camera, you will need to plug the camera directly into the recorder as the rear monitor output from the screen does not feed an input signal though.

This means the camera's video signal will need to be slpit to the screen and to the recorder separately. It also means that the recorder will need two inputs, one for DVD and one for camera, or you will need one input and a manual RCA switch box.

Similar to this, but just a 2-way one, so 2 in/1 out.
http://www.jaycar.com.au/products_uploa ... ge_108.jpg

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hmmm might leave it, bit 2 confusing lol dvd recorders r 2 expensive at the moment anyways I think

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

Do you want to record images if you park in a rough area and are worried about hacing your car stolen?

Maybe if someone hits your car and you can record the accident happening.

Get two screens like KITT on Knight Rider.

Instant Karma is gonna get you!

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

nah I want it for cruises... wanna hook up vid camera and record it but the record feature on camera is broken, so I was gonna use camera to put image on screen, then record it from the screen

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

eb_guy888 wrote:
nah I want it for cruises... wanna hook up vid camera and record it but the record feature on camera is broken, so I was gonna use camera to put image on screen, then record it from the screen

yeh well youd need a DVD recorder and yeh $$$ or a car pc with a tuner card or way to inmput the camera signal....USB/Firewire etc and the software to take the dump....even a lappy u can just plug in for crusise days...then ya dont have to be so concerned with break ins and losing all ya gear :)

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Post subject: Re: DVD recorder
Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:34 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

eb_guy888 wrote:
hey guys

Im just wondering if there is any way that I could hook up a dvd recorder to record whatever is on my in dash dvd player?

Like if I hooked up a camera to my in dash dvd player, I could record what picture shows up on the dvd recorder

does that make any sense at all? lol

What you need is a mp4 player with recording ability from an external source I have one that I have made into a helmet cam for boat racing.You just plug the camera in {I used a reverse camera from jaycar}and hit record saves it straight to sd card
I have installed an av switch box so I can play from my dvd or mp4 through the stereo and I have a plug so the mp4 playes through video 2 on the monitor {where you would plug the reverse camera normally}
I used a lennox pmp1000 & camera from jaycar whole thing cost me around 350 to set up try these links and find something similar
http://www.gadgets.com.au/processtype.a ... cessType=1
http://www.lenoxx.com.au/range.asp?branch=85&page=1

efII wgn xr front xr ecu 17s filter pacemakers highflow cat & 2.5 manual conversion
THERE IS NO TIME FOR PATIENCE

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Why not get a $50 inverter and an old VCR ? I already have an inverter and an old VCR so I was going to chuck it in the boot to record with a 2nd camera. It gets around the problem of having to split the signal too because it goes straight into A/V in on the VCR then the A/V out connects to the screen. At the moment (eg the bathurst cruise) I have my camera hooked to the screen but when I want to tape I unplug it and plug it into my dvcam. With this set up you can either watch or tape but not both because the signal degrades when split.

ImageImage

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]