Fordmods Logo

Eclipse Head unit Troubles 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Eclipse Head unit Troubles
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ED Falcon

WA, Australia

I've got an ED, and I'm having issues with my sound system at the moment..

I've got an Eclipse head unit, MB Quart splits in the front, Eclipse 6ers in the back, a Sub, 2 amps, a 2 channel, bridged to power the sub, and a 4 channel for the speakers, and a stacker.

I had the Deck, Amps and front speaker installed by Alberts Car stereo, because I'm weak :)

I bought the Stacker later on and installed it myself, along with the rear speakers.. It worked fine once it was all in, I tested it on Accessory and with the Car running.

About a half hour later, I decided to go and show the stuff of to a friends, so I went out and started the car, and all of a sudden

- I've got aleternator Whine when the car is running

- When it's in Accessory, I can hear a whining then too

- When the key is set to On and the fuel pump starts up, I can hear that through the speakers

- When I insert a CD into the front of the Deck, I can hear the Cd grabbing gear thingies working through the speakers, as well as a noise that I assume is the Cd player reading the Cd, through the speakers Too..

The RCA Cables and Power Cables to the amps are run down seperate sides of the car, and the amps are earthed directly to steel too..

So, I'm assuming it's the CD player at this point, and I've run a new earth from the deck directly to steel with no change, and I've unwired the Stacker completely, also with no change.

I've gotten to the point where I think the CD Player is broken.. I admit it's a few years old.. It's gone through about 3 car changes now, and is about 18 months old, according to my girlfriend..

If anyone can suggest anything to try, please do so :D

Cheers

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Triton ute BA Futura

VIC, Australia

Try and run a wire from the chassis of the head unit to the outer of the rca lead - i had the same issue and was told to do this - what you do is press the wire into the rca socket on the cd player - try not to touch the middle pin of the rca just the outer

It should work

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]