Fordmods Logo

EF/EL Premium Sound Warning Codes 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: EF/EL Premium Sound Warning Codes
Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:39 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

Does anyone know what the warning codes are or have a list they can provide regarding the EF/EL Premium Sound Systems?

I have ERR 1 coming up at the moment, and I can't get the stacker out of the tray. I try to eject the cartridge and when I do the light on the eject button comes on for a second then off, it only comes on again when I turn the car off and then into accessory again.

Please help!

Thanks,
Michael

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

Which way did you load the CD cartridge into the CD stacker?

If you put it in backwards or upside down, it may be stuck and unable to load any CDs.

Always follow the arrow on the CD cartridge - other than that, speak to your local car audio shop or Ford dealer.

"ERR 1" generally means a loading problem in CD sound systems.

"NO DISC" means there are no CDs present.

Good luck............

Instant Karma is gonna get you!

Post subject: Re: EF/EL Premium Sound Warning Codes
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Inferno wrote:
Does anyone know what the warning codes are or have a list they can provide regarding the EF/EL Premium Sound Systems?

I have ERR 1 coming up at the moment, and I can't get the stacker out of the tray. I try to eject the cartridge and when I do the light on the eject button comes on for a second then off, it only comes on again when I turn the car off and then into accessory again.

Please help!

Thanks,
Michael

G'day mate.

I have suffered a couple of errors and from memory it was initially Err 1 and then Err 2. Basically your CD stacker is faulting and you will need to remove it and open it up to manually remove your trapped CD.
I had to open mine and found my CD had stopped loading halfway through its loading process. I manipulated the two black rubber rollers that push and pull the CD and managed to wind it back into the CD cartridge. Once I had done that and temporarily reconnected the stacker back up to the boot connector plugs, I was able to hit the Eject button and the cartridge popped out as per normal. From that point on I was able to pull apart the stacker properly and locate all the dry joints on the P.C.B. as well as clean the mech assy. ( I am a technician so this was no hardship ) It was a little dirty which is not too surprising after being in there for seven years or so and I gave it a professional service which did the trick as I haven't had a problem with it since.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]