Fordmods Logo

EL factory premo sound CD error #repaired 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Vic wrote:
I have since removed the stacker from the boot again and dissaembled it. I managed to manipulate the mech assy to slide the jammed CD back into the cartridge and was then able to remove the cartridge per normal. Incidently the motors and the sensors in this stacker are not available for purchase over the counter, even by someone else in the trade and apparently even Ford themselves find it hard to get parts for these stackers. Anyway I cleaned the rollers completely and cleaned the laser optics too. I also resoldered a bunch of dry joints on the P.C.B. that looked pretty bad and then made sure the mech assy was aligned properly before I reassembled it. I connected it back up in the boot and the stacker has been working normally since reinstallation. Fingers crossed that it lasts for a while longer... :)

s**t vic, u got too much time on your hands! LOL.

Nah, in all seriousness thats impressive - my old one did the same thing, i pulled it apart n got the cd out, cleaned it up n refitted; still going tho car sold.

Goodluck with it not jamming again, seems that once they do they often will again.

Cheers -

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

Im glad your headache is gone! it may have been a case of resetting it (returning the loading mechanism to home point) in the future if you need parts for audio or video drop me a line, the old man is a tv tech he has suppliers in melbourne.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2