evil,evil noise... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: evil,evil noise...
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

i currently have a 4ch amp running my 4 speakers, and when i wired it up i did it on the cheap and ran one pair of RCA's and had two splitters before the amp...however today i went to get another set of stinger RCA's (i have dream series ones atm) but i was informed that the place i go to no longer stocks them, however i got a pair of audioson RCA's which they recommended for $60 and are classified by them as competition RCA's...anyway they looked to be pretty good so i took them

after putting it in i tested it (stupidly with the car on acc not running) and it sounded better than what it had with the s**t splitters, so i put my backseat and all the side panels and everything back in...it was only 10mins ago when i had to move the car that i started it and got a whining noise coming through my front splits (which have the signal coming through the new RCA's).

I run my RCA's down opposite side to power wire, and they only come close to the power wire when they cross over each other near the amp, plus i didnt have the sub turned on, only speakers running and even when i turned the volume right down the noise persisted so i dont think it could be the power. It also runs next to my old RCA on the exact same path which is also next to the REM wire so its not like its near any high current source that it wasnt already.

im going to have to pull it all out again tomorrow, if anyone has any suggestions what it could be that would be sweet, cheers

So to

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:24 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

How do the RCA's cross the Power cable? perpendicular or close to parallel? If the RCA is crossing the power cable in parallel then there is your problem. Try and make the crossing perpendicular. If that wasn't the problem your RCA outputs at the H/U might be buggered or the amp outputs may have struck something.

That's all I can think off but I am sure someone here can give you more tips.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yeah it crosses it at pretty close to 90 degrees, and the H/U shouldnt be buggered cause its only like 3 months old...as for the amp thing it works find when the car isnt running so i didnt think it would be an amp problem

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

Replace the leads or perform a resistance test between the shields (earths) if theres alot less resitance than the positive (rca tip) its a faulty sheild. If its only doing it now and not before its either the leads are below average quality or defective.

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

ok, well before i was just running one pair of RCA's off the Rear audio out at the back of my headunit and splitting them at the amp, so i just tried the new rca's running off the rear audio out and they worked perfectly with the car running...i then tried my old RCA's on the front speaker out on the H/U and it again made the whining noise...so its obviously not the RCA's

does this mean my H/U has problems with its front RCA outs? I haven't used them before yesterday as I only amped my speakers a few weeks ago....luckily i paid an extra $50 for the 1 year warranty when i bought it :)

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:36 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

hmmm if after connecting the front outputs for the first time and it happened it may be the front outputs...though I am unsure. it may also be your old RCA's...after unplugging it you may have accidentally wrecked it somehow (don't ask me how, but anything is possible) and stuffed the old RCA. Try swapping the new RCA's with the old ones and run the old one for the rears and new ones for the front...if the problem still persists I suspect the HU front outs...if not then it is the old RCA.

good luck

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yeah it persists, i had already tried both sets of RCA's before posting on here lol...and the old (as in 3 months) and new ones both work perfectly in running speakers without any engine noise (assuming thats what it is) when taking the signal from rear audio out to either front or rear speakers inputs on the amp...however gets whining when coming from front out

I just went to JB hifi and the guy told me it was my RCA's or their position even tho i told him i've tried both sets and everything ive typed above...although for $50+ they would look where i have my RCA's and re run them

i was like, yeah probably will come back to this place :roll:

EVL098 wrote:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]