few central locking questions and ef-au audio 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: few central locking questions and ef-au audio
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

G'day guys, just been wondering I'm getting a new car now rather than a gearbox change, although, i may still do it otherwise it'll probably be wrecked out. It's a grey ef fairmont, and has a 6 stacker in there, I'm contemplating taking it out though for my dad as he has a au2 falcon classic the hu has controls for cd, so does this mean it might've had one stock? it has a gastank now, anyway, what i'm wondering is, if i do this is it just a matter of plug and play for my dads car? or does it require a bunch of adapters et, or will it just not work?

secondly will the mod for an mp3 work on my dads car, and is it much harder to do than in the ef?

When ever we open the doors on my dads au it makes a clicking noise a few time sorta like actuators are going up and down all the sudden, any ideas why this might be , not an issue as such, just concerned it could become one later, as there seems to be a few with problems with their central locking

and lastly i haven't seen the car yet, long story, but they have a key point on both the driver and passenger door I'm under the understanding? if so, I'm thinking about getting a handle off one with out the second key hole,(ghia's i think?) possibly remove the boot one to, just so atleast it eliminate a couple point for thieves to break in. just wondering has anybody done this and if so, how hard was it, i don't mind one at the drivers side, as i know how reliable those god dam key fobs are, haha, but still, particularly consider how easy it is to get in the boot really.

I'm not sure if this is getting more to a different category, as it covers a few aspects, but i think here's right place for it?

Anyway thanks in advance for any info/advice you have

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]