Fordmods Logo

Fitting Alpine Type R 6x9's 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Fitting Alpine Type R 6x9's
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF2 Futura

VIC, Australia

Hey guys one of my mates has an old e30 318i and has traded it in on a VY exec, anyways he had a really nice system in this car With pioneer pro series splits in the front and alpine type r 6x9's in the back running of a cadance amp. Ive stolen all of this off him and fitted the amp and the splits into my car but now i have a problem fitting these 6x9's. I have an LPG tank in the back so cutting the rear shelf was never really an option as i wouldnt do it anyway! ive got spacers but.... these speakers have a massive magnet on the bottom and still sit up :'( btw the spacers are about 3 to 4cms high i think. My cars and ef futura so i was thinking about getting some 6x9' boxes and fitting them in the back because ive already got the damn rear headrest blocking my vision. What are some other options guys!

EF Fairmont - King Spring Lows, Monroe GT shocks, Avanti 17" Racing wheels, Sony CDX-GT500 HU, Kicker 6.2 splits, 2x 12inch Kickers, Powered by sweet gas injection!
Wrecking EF2 Futura

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

uh tuff break that seems like ur only one, other then buy a smaller speaker :P haha yea i kno how big they are i got a set in my car :D but they are sooooo sweet, just dont expect bass from those speaker boxes cos 6x9's get their bass from the boot :P will be good for mid highs tho

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:14 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

yeah kinda of an a** cause i reckon they will look funny :P im considering putting my cheaper pioneer 6's back in :P

EF Fairmont - King Spring Lows, Monroe GT shocks, Avanti 17" Racing wheels, Sony CDX-GT500 HU, Kicker 6.2 splits, 2x 12inch Kickers, Powered by sweet gas injection!
Wrecking EF2 Futura

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:16 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

just got the 6" speakers - a clean & tidy look, you lose no view from your rear-view mirror etc - i wouldn't bother with them! :)

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:19 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

well i do have the pro series pioneers in the front i guess ill just amp the 4 ways in the back and give the 6x9's back to my mate! i wish i could get em going but im not going to stress over it to much. Im sure it will sound awesome all the same with those awesome splits :)

Wrecking EF2 Futura

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]