Fordmods Logo

How loud is illegal. 

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: How loud is illegal.
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lancer Coupe

VIC, Australia

hey guys i am just wondering how loud can you have your radio before the cops pull you over. i have heard rumours that if you can hear it outside the car with the windows shut or open then they can give you a ticket. then i have heard if that if the cop just thinks that it is too loud he will pull you over. could someone clarify.

Cheers

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 32 GTR

NSW, Australia

Well, im not intially sure but id have to say tthat cops will pull you over if they think it is too loud, meaning a disturbance to other road users. I don't think you would get a ticket but you would most probably get a warning.

237.9 KW ATW

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AUII

SA, Australia

Unfortunately there is no rule on what is deemed too loud. It is entirely up to the cop who books you. Sure is a load of crap. So you got a stereo and even though it may not be real loud they can be a prick and book you. Are they going to start pulling over and booking fast cars because they are capable of 300km/hr even though they arent speeding?

AUII Forte 4.0L

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Quote:
Are they going to start pulling over and booking fast cars because they are capable of 300km/hr even though they arent speeding?

True. but sometimes if its modded they will try and find something unroad worthy. but hey, their only doing their job, right.

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:59 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL falcon - Skyline r33

NSW, Australia

i have 2 15inch pioneers 800 wat each, 6x9's 170 watt each on the back parcel tray splits and crossovers in front. when its full it turns heads but i found that when your moving keeo it cranked when you slow down drop it in volume. when sound moves thro air it looses its sharpness and wavers , but not the case with the bass part.

If you dont want to get caught like i have about 3 times and paid for it, keep it low and when your moving. as for being legal , if the cop thinks its to loud he will warn you, if its Fkn pumping he will book you . Theres a differance when you have the "radio" up loud to " moving the suburb with your bass"

:shock:

It's set up like a deck of cards, They're sending us to early graves. For all the diamonds, they'll use a pair of clubs to beat the spades.

RATM

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

Some parts of melbourne do have laws for noise pollution, for example in Chapel street the cops will pull you over and either warn or fine you for excessive sound and or find some defect on your car. Normally too low!!!

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 32 GTR

NSW, Australia

When you said you paid for it, what kind of fine are we talking about? Petty or suprising? About noise pollution can you get booked for big bass but at low volume ie; boot ratling.

237.9 KW ATW

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:01 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL falcon - Skyline r33

NSW, Australia

I live in brighton le sands in sydney and on sunday nights all teh wogs (im wog so its ok :P ) drive around in circles in their 10 second cars with the audio setups that dont let anyone sleep for work monday morning. So they put up signs that say" Car audio polution is an offence"(or something close to that effect) on the main corner ( end of bay st facing beach). if i remember correctly it says $150 fine on the sign , but i got booked twice at $200 and once $150 dont know what the other 50 bucks is ment for , but the one i got in the mail was for $150 "car audio noise polution" and the other 2 i got given on the spot by these older coppers who were pretty p****d of. :roll:

Anyway, i dont putt it up anymore in my area only when im on the freeways , or a very HOT day at noon on bondi beach to set the mood :P

It's set up like a deck of cards, They're sending us to early graves. For all the diamonds, they'll use a pair of clubs to beat the spades.

RATM

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

It's a good idea to get plenty of sound deadening going into you car if you plan on cranking up your stereo.

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: VL RB30E

VIC, Australia

but then that defeats the purpose of haveing two 15" subs and only two pairs of 4" 2-ways lol "over-kill"

Spooling soon...

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Quote:
It's a good idea to get plenty of sound deadening going into you car if you plan on cranking up your stereo.

Seriously if someones wants sound quality, they should just get a 10inch. bigger subs mean you want everyone to have some doof doof in their lives.

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Fairlane Ghia

WA, Australia

I cant drive with tthe music to loud in the city, distrscts me, and i cant hear emergency vehicles either, and being the driver of one, it pisses me off when d***head cant hear you, up there a***, with a 120db siren and more lights than a chrissy tree.

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah i know in the city i have to put it down cos concerntration needs to be full on there. but highways and roads, i spread the love(doof doof).

i keep an eye out for emergency vehicles anywhere i drive, and when i am at lights i put it down. you got to do the right thing.

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:20 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon AUII Forte

QLD, Australia

I have a full system in my car.

You just need to use common sense...

If your in a residential area, at 11pm, and you got your 1000wrms 2x12" Type R's going hard out, thats just silly. But if you on a highway, it's fine.

Most people who get booked for being too loud get done because the dumbasses are just outside a shopping centre. Or if they are just unlucky enough to be at a lights and a cop pulls up beside you, although most people (myself included) tend to turn there systems down when they pull up at a set of lights.

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

bowsaw wrote:
I cant drive with tthe music to loud in the city, distrscts me, and i cant hear emergency vehicles either, and being the driver of one, it pisses me off when d***head cant hear you, up there a***, with a 120db siren and more lights than a chrissy tree.

Well put saw. Doesnt seem sensible having music up load in the city. I mean , what - do you sit there and eyeball all the pedestrians that are looking at you? *cough*wanker*cough*.

Time and a place for everything.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next