Installin a New Head deck 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Installin a New Head deck
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:25 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford Falcon Ba XR6

NSW, Australia

Ok all i wanna install a new head deck in my car. i know how to take out the main centre console to get to the wires, but im unsure as to wat wires are the one that i need to plug in to the new deck? there are 4 plug under neath the existing one.. which ones are the wires for new deck ( ANYONE KNOW) ?????????
Also does anyone know if there is a plug that can plug into the plug i looking for an plug into the new deck. so i dont have to cut an solder wires.... ??
Thankz

Post subject: Re: Installin a New Head deck
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:10 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Fairmont Ghia BA 5.4L V8, AU 6

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Usually i find it too hard to tap into the factory loom and run all my own wires to the speakers plus they are better quality cables. Then that leaves, Acc, Ground, Battery and Illumination. Accessories can be had from the cigarette lighter, and ground is obvious. Illumination is the tricky one, usually i take this from the clock, you find it using a multimeter. For the constant power i ran a cable directly to the battery through the firewall.

I really really doubt you'll find a magical plug that hooks it all up in one hit though, and if you do find one.... Let me know. The closest you can get is a plug that will plug into the factory loom and have the same coloured wires on the other end as the deck. Then you have to match the colours with the loom on the deck and solder them. I had one on my AU, but dunno if you can get them for BA's.

Chaos, Panic and Disorder. My work here is finally done.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4L. Mods -Full Exhaust, Chipped, Custom Intake, CAI @205.4RWKW.
Stezza - Alpine Type R Splits & 6x9's, Alpine 400w RMS 4ch, 380w RMS Pioneer Mono, 2x12" Pioneer Subs and an AVH-P5950DVD Player.

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA MK11

VIC, Australia

I believe that the original head unit must stay with BAs.You need to place the new head unit in the tissue tray underneath. As for wiring,I am without knowledge.

The older I get the better I was!

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BA XT

VIC, Australia

As Fairmont_03_5.4 said you need to install an aftermarket head unit into the tissue tray.

The old tissue tray needs to be taken out and a Fascia installed. I have this one http://www.dnaaudio.com.au/whf103-ford- ... fascia-kit

I followed a pretty straightforward guide from "Shoony" and that is avaliable here ford-audio-visual-f5/another-ba-aftermarket-head-unit-thread-complete-t72414-40.html

Ford Falcon BA XT 2003, Stock Engine, Factory Fitted LPG, Monroe GT Sports Shockers, King Coil Springs, Advanti Shine 19" 8x5 Rims, 2 1/2" Exhaust,DNA Fascia, Pioneer DEH-1350MPG Head Unit, Powervox 500watt 4 Channel Amp, Aerpro Hi/Lo Audio level converter, Pioneer 10" Sub Woofer

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]