Fordmods Logo

iPhone 4 + Kenwood Bluetooth Headunit 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: iPhone 4 + Kenwood Bluetooth Headunit
Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL Falcon XR6

NSW, Australia

I know its a long shot here for info but I figure if someone is a closet Kenwood expert ;)

Its for a Kenwood KDC-X8016BT

Just a quick one. Basically I can't use my iPhone4 for both bluetooth as well as being plugged in via USB to listen to my music. Is this something obvious I should have realised?

Basically the USB connection with my phone will work and play my music, but then I think the bluetooth kicks in and says "downloading" on the screen and then after a few seconds says "completed" and sound will stop, but will indicate on the screen that it's still playing! The only way to get it back is if I switch the unit off and then switch it back on, but then the bluetooth never reconnects and the USB connection to my phone works perfectly.

Its worked once for me right at the start, but ever since switching the engine off after the initial start up its never worked like that.

If its as simple as its never going to work then fine, but if they're some settings I need to play with let me know!

Would love to get it working

Cheers.
Jacob

1997 EL Falcon XR6 Sedan
Cold Air Intake | Sequential Scoop | Pacemaker 4480 & 2.5" Exhaust

1976 XB Falcon 500 Wagon
Sherwood Green | 3spd/250CI | Hurricane Extractors + Custom Twin 2" Exhaust | Running Whitewalls on a 2.5" Drop

Post subject: Re: iPhone 4 + Kenwood Bluetooth Headunit
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

dont know about your paticular setup but there is issues with iphone 4 and car blue tooth kits. early fg blue tooth option doesnt support iphone 4, to support it you need to exchange to a new bluetooth unit apparently. maybe something to do with it being a new phone somethings changed in the configurations? does it work with an iphone 3?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]