Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Waggin wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:
But I believe up here in Brisbane you cant get many Cop frequencies cause they scrambled them. I only seem to only get like 2 Northern suburb ones only

You'll find they are either Trunked, or APCO25 Digital.

If they are trunked, any trunk tracking scanner should pick them up. Uniden 780xlt comes to mind at around $500 i think

if they are APCO25, you'll need an APCO25 compatible digital scanner to pick them up, BC796D is what I use. Brilliant ~$1300

Trunked? Is that the random swapping of frequencies?

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2004 Mazda Tribute

Vic wrote:
Cab?

Taxi. They used to use Selcall for their pre-digital dispatcher radio ops all the time

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

Waggin wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:
But I believe up here in Brisbane you cant get many Cop frequencies cause they scrambled them. I only seem to only get like 2 Northern suburb ones only

If they are trunked, any trunk tracking scanner should pick them up. Uniden 780xlt comes to mind at around $500 i think

if they are APCO25, you'll need an APCO25 compatible digital scanner to pick them up, BC796D is what I use. Brilliant ~$1300

Geewiz. Time to toss the Uniden out of the window and upgrade then. But how do I find out whether or not it is trunked or Digital scanner I need to get. All I seem to get on the Cop frequency is that Squelch sound.

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:11 am 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
Waggin wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:

Geewiz. Time to toss the Uniden out of the window and upgrade then. But how do I find out whether or not it is trunked or Digital scanner I need to get. All I seem to get on the Cop frequency is that Squelch sound.

Buy a 796D. It does Trunked, Digital and Digital Trunked - Can't go wrong there!

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:16 am 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
Waggin wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:

Trunked? Is that the random swapping of frequencies?

Not random. It is organised.

This is a shotty example of how the Motorolla Trunking works:

For each 'base station' There is a control (data) channel, and a number of voice channels. On your Trunked radio, you enter all of the frequencies, and also enter the TALK GROUP you want to be part of.

The data channel is constantly telling radio's which frequency their talk group is operating on.

The chatter on the data channel is somewhat like; 44208 - Go to 417.0175, 38084 - You're no longer on 415.025

Frequencies only get assigned to talkgroups which are in use. The end result is that you can have more discrete groups operating on less channel space - which means less licencing and less radio gear.

In the case of NSW GRN, they may have up to 30-40 services all operating between about 10 frequencies. If they weren't trunked, they'd need to operate 30-40 repeaters, and pay licencing on 30-40 frequencies. Big $. Especially when you remember that there are around 50 base sites in NSW. 50x40= alot of money in licencing an radio gear!

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Post subject: Listening to the cops
Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:59 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 1992 EB II Falcon

QLD, Australia

I have got an Uniden UH-013 fitted in my car & I use it to listen to the cops on the Sunshine Coast, I also use the radio as my UHF radio.

You will find picture of the rig in the link below & in my user gallery...

I drive & I vote....Scrap the fuel excise now.

[FoMoCo] The only fake white ED (That I know of on the Sunshine Coast.)

See more pictures of my car on

http://www.fordgallery.com/showgallery. ... user/14869

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3