Fordmods Logo

need help installing viper car alarm 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: need help installing viper car alarm
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:45 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 98 EL XR6

VIC, Australia

i have recently purchased a viper car alarm, and am having trouble hooking up the keyless entry feature. any help or assistance would be great

'98' EL XR6 Pacemaker headers, 2 1/2 inch (header back) exhaust with Hi-Flow CAT, IC&E coil and 9mm leads, NGK plugs, billet short throw shifter >147.9rwKw

'91' EB GL Custom cold air intake with K&N pod filter

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

what do u need to know, trouble finding the wire to open the central locking yeah, which id say is at the body control unit.

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

i can help u if u need
come over one day with the alarm manual and the car manual and we shall give it a good crack, or if u prefer not to, i can tell u how 2 :P behind ur drivers side kick panel there is a wire loom, one wire in it will go high wen the door is lockd and ground wen its unlockd, the other is the opposite, if its the same as an ea-d loom its red/yellow and yellow/black hope that helps

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

can i ask how much you paid? i want remote start :D

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:08 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

i will try to explain this best i can, hopefully it makes sense....

basically i have got as far as taking the door panel off and hooking the alarm up to the drivers side door lock actuator - ONLY the one door. RESULT door unlocks and locks when i arm and disarm the alarm.

All good i thought, but when i try and connect the output for the door lock from the alarm to the locking system in my car nothing happens!!!!

now this is my problem. i have a 91 model EB so as far as i no it doesnt have smart lock or any central locking control unit as such. and if it does i cant find it!!!!

if any one could tell me if i need some sort of relay or if i need 2 do something other than wat i have tried.

and for all those wanting to no it is a VIPER 791XV it has all the good stuff - immobilizer, turbo timer, shock sensor, remote start etc. etc. picked it up from autobarn in ferntree gully VIC 4 $550 on special (un installed of course).

'98' EL XR6 Pacemaker headers, 2 1/2 inch (header back) exhaust with Hi-Flow CAT, IC&E coil and 9mm leads, NGK plugs, billet short throw shifter >147.9rwKw

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:14 am 
Technical Contributor

Ride: EFII Sedan

QLD, Australia

Does your EB have the dash mounted lock/unlock button?

Can you also supply a pic of your instruction manual for the central locking relays?

The BEM controls the central locking btw, and it should be easy to set up once we have the info. (Unless it was second hand and has no manual!)

EF II Sedan
Ex Chaser, Dual Fuel (Impco LPG)
LSD High, 3.23, Black wheels, other shiny bits.

EB II Sedan <--- R.I.P. (Rest in pieces - gone to the wreckers for $50...... bargain!)

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:37 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

no my car doesnt have the dash mounted lock/unlock button

and all the manual says is basically - BLUE + unlock - lock
GREEN - Unlock + lock

BUT it seems its not as easy as that...

there are no wiring diagrams nor is there any blog in the manual saying where and how these wires should be connected - which i think is really weird considering that everything else has detailed wiring schematics!!!

i read somewhere that apparently i need 2x12v relays or something like that because the alarm doesnt send the pulse 4 long enough, but i can change the pulse time 2 3.8seconds and it still didnt make a difference.

Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

dw dj it is as easy as that i have the same model car as u and the alarm is a piece of piss to put in, ill show ya wen we get around to it :D gud price tho ;)

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]