Fordmods Logo

New Amp!!!! Now where to put it? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: New Amp!!!! Now where to put it?
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon EGas

WA, Australia

G'day fellas. I am now the proud owner of a new 600.4 directed audio amplifier. This is going to run my splits and rears.

I've already got a kicker 600.4 RMS amp to run my 2 12" subs.

Now here is the issue.

Currently, I have the 2 12s in the main part of the boot and the kicker amp behind them on that part that comes up before the seats.

Now, both amps are about 550 mm long and about 250mm wide so neither will fit under a seat.

Any ideas on how and where to mount them?

BA Falcon Futura on EGas. Stock as...

EF 5 speed manual; PH 4480 Pacemaker Headers; 2 1/2" Lukey Mandrel Bent System; Hi Flow Walker Cat; Stage 3 Crow Cam; ChipTorque Chip; 3" Mandrel Bent Intake; K&N Pod Filter; Low Pedders Suspension; 17" EL GT Champagne Rims; RPM Series Clutch

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:19 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

I have made stands for amps before. My brother has a mono running his sub and a 4 chan running front and rear stage. I made a nice sturdy open front and top box from MDF then carpeted it. Installed 4 12V fans, 2 for each amp, 1 each end of each amp and facing the same way to provide air flow.

fan|--amp--|fan
| |
fan|--amp--|fan

If you get my drift.

Since all plugs, controls etc are the ends of the amp he can adjust these by folding down both rear seats.

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

xtc*ba wrote:
Since all plugs, controls etc are the ends of the amp he can adjust these by folding down both rear seats.

Controls to both amps are on the tops at the power end.

EF 5 speed manual; PH 4480 Pacemaker Headers; 2 1/2" Lukey Mandrel Bent System; Hi Flow Walker Cat; Stage 3 Crow Cam; ChipTorque Chip; 3" Mandrel Bent Intake; K&N Pod Filter; Low Pedders Suspension; 17" EL GT Champagne Rims; RPM Series Clutch

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 220kw 1600 Datto

WA, Australia

put it in your bum

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

in the bum eh???
I'm loose, but not that loose.

Any other ideas?

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lancer Coupe

VIC, Australia

i got an idea. you know in your boot where it is a lower level in the main part above you spare wheel. Make a false floor which which have your amps underneath. So you would use about 6mm mdf for the base. Then fit your amps to that. Use some other timber for spacing the top piece of timber. Then another 6 mm or even thicker piece of mdf depending what you usually put in your boot. I would do this as you can get a nice pro look if you put some perspex into the top piece and a hidden neon giving a nice glow. Also i wouldn't fix this to the car as you would need to be able to lift the front of it up just incase you need to get to the the spare.

Cheers,

hope it helps

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I was thinkin the same thing Dmac...but I've had enough of having the amp sitting in my room for 4 days. I'm fitting it tonight! Then I'll look into it a lot more.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]