Fordmods Logo

parcel shelf 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: parcel shelf
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:34 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ED

VIC, Australia

how the hell do i take the parcel shelf out of my ED falcon?

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:55 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

You don't. Its illegal.

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

lol ... its parts of the chassis dude, you would need to cut it out but then that would be really really naughty!!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:31 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Lincoln Navigator

Oustide Australia

Alright... I'm kinda sick of this. So many people talk about removing their "parcel shelf" frm their car. The metal "frame" in your car that has holes in it, is not a SHELF! You do not put anything on it, except, THE SHELF!

MOST people would be asking how to remove the carpeted shelf from inside the car so they can modity it for new speakers or to put a custom one in.

Who would have reason to remove the metal bracing anyways. Shoot me down if I'm just running my mouth....but I think a lot of people would agree.
Most falcons you should just be able to pull the seats forward, pull out the xmas tree plugs, maybe the bolts for the seatbelts and baby seat restraints. Then you may have to bend it slighty to get it out, or remove the lining from the rear pillars if you don't want to bend it.

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

raabz wrote:
Alright... I'm kinda sick of this. So many people talk about removing their "parcel shelf" frm their car. The metal "frame" in your car that has holes in it, is not a SHELF! You do not put anything on it, except, THE SHELF!

MOST people would be asking how to remove the carpeted shelf from inside the car so they can modity it for new speakers or to put a custom one in.

Who would have reason to remove the metal bracing anyways. Shoot me down if I'm just running my mouth....but I think a lot of people would agree.
Most falcons you should just be able to pull the seats forward, pull out the xmas tree plugs, maybe the bolts for the seatbelts and baby seat restraints. Then you may have to bend it slighty to get it out, or remove the lining from the rear pillars if you don't want to bend it.

spot on dude

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:50 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

bah ok i used the wrong wording thats what i ment raabz, i wanna take the carpet and whatever that damping stuff is under the carpet. i pull the back seats forward and then u have them other cushin type things where the back of the seats click in, i see that they are locked in there by a metal wire and i have tried lifting, pulling pushing etc etc but they just don't want to pop off, and without these off i can't undo the plastic strips that hold they carpet inplace...

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:15 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Lincoln Navigator

Oustide Australia

Sorry Junkbox, I wasn't having a go at you. I was having a go at those who don't bother to clarify what you are talking about and just assume that you want to cut the metal in your car. God knows why anyone would even consider removing that.

Remove the back seat, or, if you can get to them without doing that, there is a bolt at the bottom of each of those side bits (well there is in my EF and other cars).... They should then slide up and be removable. You may or may not have to loosen the bolt that is used on the latch when the seats are locked back fully.

I hope I haven't confused you.

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

its cool man.. and thanks for the tip... now i just have to find the time to do it :(

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]