Positioning/aiming Tweeters 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Positioning/aiming Tweeters
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:15 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghiaaaaa!

VIC, Australia

Just got some Pioneer TS-C1625 splits for the front and they came with 2 tweeter housings, one just a straight one and another that points them close to a 45 degree angle (for mounting on the dash so they point at you I assume). I wanna put mine on the bit of plastic that covers where the mirror attaches using the angled housing. Now, im just not sure where to aim, from memory I think someone said to aim them at the opposite sides headrest (so the tweeter on the drivers side aiming towards the passenger headrest) Will this be okay?

Also, im gunna try putting some foam under the factory sub, if that dosen't stop the rattle (im pretty sure its from the sub being attached directly to the metal shelf) i was thinking of getting some dynamat. Does this seem like a good deal? It should be enough to cover most of the parcel shelf. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190093467978&fromMakeTrack=true or http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DYNAMAT-EXTREME-WEDGE-PAK-10425-FOR-SMALL-JOBS-SOUND_W0QQitemZ9736368830QQcategoryZ1498QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem which wouldnt cover the whole shelf but i could use as a 'spacer' underneath the sub?

cheers!

Whiteline'd

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:28 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

put ur tweeters where the stock 1s are...i tryd a few spots n that sounded bout the best ...like u could tell they were there but not over powering....
just take out that panel that runs alone the windscreen and then take out the stock tweeters...
just put a little dab of superglue on the back of the tweeter n put it in the space provided....plus where u are going to glue it to is already angled back towards u and slitely to the centre of the car..
put the panel back in place ...and ur done.
if u put them there then they are also out of sight from prying eyes looking in

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: SZ Titanium & ZG Fairlane

SA, Australia

People usually say to connect them up with a long speaker wire and chuck some blu tac on the back of them so that you can stick them around your car and get them to where you like the sound the best. I couldn't be bothered doing this though I just chucked them in the stock points on the dash as well as I couldn't wait to listen to them.

F6 Rspec #139 - Stock Car Racing

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:49 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghiaaaaa!

VIC, Australia

I think I might just stick them in the normal location, way easier and less of a target for theives (I live in a shifty area lol)

Whiteline'd

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

A good neat looking spot (sounds good too), is on the back plastic piece where the mirrors sit. Use the angled mounting bracket and they'll sit sweet on there.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]