Fordmods Logo

Power Antenna Install 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Power Antenna Install
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Hi guys,

Just looking for a bit of a confirmation on wiring up a factory ford power antenna in a ef futura with aftermarket deck. I've read the tech doc and understand that you can not hook it up to the bem coz you need a high series bem and that the best way to hook it up would be to used a switch similar to the power window switch.

But i have read that someone on here hooked the power acc wire from the deck to the antenna and the other wire from the antenna to the yellow wire(memory 12v) coming out of the deck to make it work. Meaning that when the deck comes on the aerial goes up and when off it comes down.

So if the antenna works like an electric window, that is, 12v makes it go up and reverse polarity makes it comes down, how does wiring it up above work? Does the deck control polarity of the 12v going to the aerial or would wiring it above just leave power going to it while the deck is on?

Any help muchly appreciated. I would just rather wiring it to the deck rather than have a switch that i control.

Cheers Tim.

1995 EF Futura
Port and Polished 94DT Tickford Head - Crow valve springs - 68mm Throttle Body - Wade 1673
4499 Pacemakers - 2.5" exhaust - Ti J3 Chip - 2J1 Techedge Logger -EL Tickford 3.45LSD -
XR low springs - Boge Turbo Shocks - Front DBA slotted Rotors - BA ESS shifter - Shift Kit

Post subject: Re: Power Antenna Install
Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 1995 EF Falcon Futura-AU motor

VIC, Australia

Hey Tim,

How did you get on with this. I'm looking to do the same thing.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Power Antenna Install
Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Hi there,

It should be pretty easy to do and as long as the head unit has the remote wire which can also be used as an antenna control wire it should be ok. I know on Pioneer it is generally a blue wire. When you turn the head unit on, the head unit will activate the blue wire which can be used to turn on amps or a power antenna. For a power antenna, all you will need is a relay attached to this wire which controls 12v to the antenna. So whenever you turn the head unit on, the antenna will go up and when the head unit is off it will go down.

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]