Fordmods Logo

premo sound wiring diagram in tutorials 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: premo sound wiring diagram in tutorials
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:11 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: el futura

VIC, Australia

I note that the tutorial diagrams do not indicate the connectors/wiring colours for the rear left/right speakers?? Perhaps matti can assist please as I want to modify original futura wiring plugs to suit a premo sound system install.. I can see from the premo plug where the + for left and right probably go but cannot be sure and have no idea where the - would then run to?? thanks for any help Barry59

OLD MAN RENEWING HIS YOUNG LOVE OF CARS
EF2 FUTURA WITH GHIA UPGRADES UNDERWAY.

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

The rear speakers are run off the amp, not the head unit. On the low series, the wiring for the rear speakers is run off a seperate plug.

On the Ghia's (and any other car that is fitted with premium sound), this plug is just hanging there. It is not connected to anything at either end.

Hope This helps, Matti is never on here anymore 8-)

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Post subject: premo sound wiring
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:39 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: el futura

VIC, Australia

My special thanks to bald_princess for his pms to explain how the system works..Having removed the factory wiring completely I can now see what is required to get the system up and running in the futura.

These forums are particularly usefull to us old f@rt who are getting back into tinkering with our cars..thanks again to all.

Barry59

OLD MAN RENEWING HIS YOUNG LOVE OF CARS
EF2 FUTURA WITH GHIA UPGRADES UNDERWAY.

Post subject: Re: premo sound wiring
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

barry59 wrote:
My special thanks to bald_princess for his pms to explain how the system works..Having removed the factory wiring completely I can now see what is required to get the system up and running in the futura.

These forums are particularly usefull to us old f@rt who are getting back into tinkering with our cars..thanks again to all.

Barry59

Hey mate
Enough of the OLD F@%T at age 40+
I am 70 (going on 21) and I have just finished turning my EF Gli into a EF gli/GHIA.
This includes ALL the High level extras such as Premium sound, electric windows, electric aerial,cruise control, ABS brake system, trip computer, High level dash and complete high level wiring loom change and complete Climate control system.
The beast is now sitting on Kings lowered springs and Bilstein Sports lowered shocks with Whiteline heavy duty sway bars front and rear.
It helps to have a son who can help with some of the heavy lifting LOL!!!

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]