Putting 6X9 in the back of a el falcon 

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Putting 6X9 in the back of a el falcon
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:06 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF, EL falcon, au futra

VIC, Australia

Hey i want to stick 6X9 in the back without cutting the 6" hole any bigger i brought spacers but the belt for the middle is in the way
Any idears would be helpful

EL Falcon, sitting on sl king springs & 18" silver agents, pacemaker extractors with 2.5'' sports exhurst, nf fairlane interior, 5 speed manual with a 3.45 lsd and lots more rkw:
EF Falcon stock standard
ford au furtura the daily

Post subject: Re: Putting 6X9 in the back of a el falcon
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:34 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

6" 2 way at the rear and 6" splits up front with a sub will s**t all over 6x9's at the rear.

Otherwise, mount them underneath and put the covers on top.

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:12 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Oh ok thanks for the idears and yeah i have a sub and amp and i wanna replace the 6" with 6X9 thats all and i also have 4 channel amp driving the speakers

EL Falcon, sitting on sl king springs & 18" silver agents, pacemaker extractors with 2.5'' sports exhurst, nf fairlane interior, 5 speed manual with a 3.45 lsd and lots more rkw:
EF Falcon stock standard

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:11 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 06 BF XR6

VIC, Australia

You shouldn't mix 6x9 with a sub.
In fact your better off to upgrade your fronts with splits and leave the back stock.
You want the sound in the front of the car, you don't sit in the back seat.

Current car 2011 FG XR6 Ute Limited Edition

Past cars:06 BF XR6
97 EL

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

With 6x9s, you'll need spacers that clear the parcel shelf enough to allow the terminals to be connected to.

I found that if you double up some carpeted spaces from repco, it works really well.
Just secure them properly and away you go.

Blue blooded.

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

GetToTheGone wrote:
In fact your better off to upgrade your fronts with splits and leave the back stock.

The rear speaker play a vital part in the whole sound dude, if its all about the fronts then nobody would worry about the rears..... but it does only matter what it sounds like in the driver seat. Mate I would go 6 to 6.5" in the rear with a sub. The 6 or 6.5" will give you the mid range you miss with the sub. Then I would go 2 ways in the doors with tweeters in the shelf because splits will mean the driver will produce too much bass for the door cavity and you will have to worry about everything shaking in the door, or spend a fortune deadening the doors and 2 weekends making sure nothing is even minutely loose. Concentrate more on bass and deep mid from the rear and high mids to high from the front ( high end sound should be close to the intended listerner.... you in the drivers). 6x9's are mainly for sub free shelfs as the extra 3" surface area creates more low end sound.
You can still go splits in the front and 6x9's in the rear with a sub and get a good sound, but how much effort do you want to put in and hows your budget/expertise?

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:12 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

i wish it was that simple just spacers im gunna try make a spacer that will go around the seat belt retractor, thank for the sergustion REW93N but if u look in the photo in the yellow circle you'll see wat my problem is.
cheers :)

Attachments:
corection.jpg
corection.jpg [ 93.04 KiB | Viewed 337 times ]

EF Falcon stock standard

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:21 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

79raven wrote:
GetToTheGone wrote:

The rear speaker play a vital part in the whole sound dude, if its all about the fronts then nobody would worry about the rears..... but it does only matter what it sounds like in the driver seat. Mate I would go 6 to 6.5" in the rear with a sub. The 6 or 6.5" will give you the mid range you miss with the sub. Then I would go 2 ways in the doors with tweeters in the shelf because splits will mean the driver will produce too much bass for the door cavity and you will have to worry about everything shaking in the door, or spend a fortune deadening the doors and 2 weekends making sure nothing is even minutely loose. Concentrate more on bass and deep mid from the rear and high mids to high from the front ( high end sound should be close to the intended listerner.... you in the drivers). 6x9's are mainly for sub free shelfs as the extra 3" surface area creates more low end sound.
You can still go splits in the front and 6x9's in the rear with a sub and get a good sound, but how much effort do you want to put in and hows your budget/expertise?

i agree with you there 79raven and i dnt care what it cost me, cost is not an option when it comes to my cars lol

EF Falcon stock standard

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well mount them running front to back, most 6x9's have adjustable tweeter towers. That way the 6" width of the speaker will fit as the stocks are 6". If money aint no option, when its all mounted and sounding good in the driver seat step outside. There is nothing worse in my mind than some d**k driving down the street, stereo cranked but all you can hear is his car vibrating like a nympho's d*ldo. Pulled up next to an old pink mini one day that was almost bouncing , that was cool though

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:22 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

79raven wrote:
well mount them running front to back, most 6x9's have adjustable tweeter towers. That way the 6" width of the speaker will fit as the stocks are 6". If money aint no option, when its all mounted and sounding good in the driver seat step outside. There is nothing worse in my mind than some d**k driving down the street, stereo cranked but all you can hear is his car vibrating like a nympho's d*ldo. Pulled up next to an old pink mini one day that was almost bouncing , that was cool though

haha yea i know wat you mean my ef did that till i put silicon ith the boot to stop it ratling ant it sounded good out side know s**t vibreting pannels so im gunna do the same to my el

Attachments:
File comment: and thats my new rig only had it for a little while and have spent 3,500 on it already most just in the sound system
431358_182216231893114_100003142167347_279895_471173567_n.jpg
431358_182216231893114_100003142167347_279895_471173567_n.jpg [ 175.3 KiB | Viewed 369 times ]
File comment: these r the speakers
pioneer-ts-a6994r-a-series-6x9-5-way-600-watts.jpg
pioneer-ts-a6994r-a-series-6x9-5-way-600-watts.jpg [ 31.62 KiB | Viewed 727 times ]

EF Falcon stock standard

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

600w is the pmpo, whats the rms? I found with my system taking the time with cleanly placed good quality wires, connected 100% makes all the difference. I am currently chasing up an ebay refund at the moment, the Jbl 6.5" 3 way 125w rms's I bought brand new with a 12 month warranty failed at 85w rms...... I got Jbl's because they are super reliable right to peak output and a decent sound, just turned out the ones I had managed to fry the centre tweeter. Still sounds good to about 50w, but 125 with a 170 rms 8" sub sounds like what I am after. Good luck with yours and keep us posted, dont bother f**k round with the moulded design around the centre belt buldge, you'll pull your hair out getting it 100%

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

Ford mystar wrote:
i wish it was that simple just spacers im gunna try make a spacer that will go around the seat belt retractor, thank for the sergustion REW93N but if u look in the photo in the yellow circle you'll see wat my problem is.
cheers :)

You have to put them in on a 45 degree angle. Lol

Blue blooded.

Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:02 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

79raven wrote:
600w is the pmpo, whats the rms? I found with my system taking the time with cleanly placed good quality wires, connected 100% makes all the difference. I am currently chasing up an ebay refund at the moment, the Jbl 6.5" 3 way 125w rms's I bought brand new with a 12 month warranty failed at 85w rms...... I got Jbl's because they are super reliable right to peak output and a decent sound, just turned out the ones I had managed to fry the centre tweeter. Still sounds good to about 50w, but 125 with a 170 rms 8" sub sounds like what I am after. Good luck with yours and keep us posted, dont bother f**k round with the moulded design around the centre belt buldge, you'll pull your hair out getting it 100%

Ok thanks ill keep u posted and ill give it ago im gunna try it and if im sucsessful ill put some pics up cheers :)

EF Falcon stock standard

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:42 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

well ive nealy made them if all goes well ill have them in tomorrow :)

EF Falcon stock standard

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

79raven wrote:

well here it is neally done just have to put carpet on them

Attachments:
IMG_2205 (Small).JPG
IMG_2205 (Small).JPG [ 58.69 KiB | Viewed 315 times ]
IMG_2204 (Small).JPG
IMG_2204 (Small).JPG [ 54.59 KiB | Viewed 341 times ]

EF Falcon stock standard

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next