Fordmods Logo

Reverse Camera in TS Territory 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Reverse Camera in TS Territory
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has fitted a reverse camera in a Territory. I’ve got a TS with premium audio, and I want to add a reverse camera to it, as it didn’t get optioned with one.
What I would like to know, is.. Where is the factory fitted camera normally located? Is the wiring there, even thought the car wasn’t optioned with the camera? Is there any good kits available that will make the job straight forward. Also I’ve been told there is some kits that will allow me to also run external input into the screen also (Laptop, Video Ipod, and so on)
Any help would be great.

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:40 am 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

The camera came standard on all Terriorty Ghias. I beleive its up under the numberplate light area, pointing down. Dont know about the wiring.

As for another camera I suggest Ebay. I got my camera there, plugs into the RCA in the back of my headunit, and its freaking awesome. $60-65 for it as well.

I can post photos tomorrow if you want.

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:31 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

i think u can buy a kit to add the reverse camera to TS territories. The wiring MAY be there in a SY (Territory equivalent to BF) as IIRC TS and GHIA share the wiring looms. dont quote me on it tho

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

hey, to answer your question quiet clearly, you are still able to get the original ford reverse camera fitted at any dealership. the wiring for the camera will not be fitted to your TS from factory but is included in the kit. the camera actuall sits just next to the left number plate light, It cost $1000.00 to get fitted but it is good quality! you can go for the aftermarket cameras but i habve researched it quiet extensivly and the cheapest aftermarket one that i could find was $900.00.

SY TS Territory AWD, BF MkII XR6 Sedan

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

I did my own reverse camera for my BA XR8 and did it all for less than $500. For that I also managed to install an in-cabin camera with IR for monitoring the kids in the back seat on longish trips
(I have to drive the kids to babysitters frequently about 45 mins away - and they often fall asleep at night.)

The missus likes it so much I'll be certain to do the same thing again for for her SX Territory Ghia.

Lukeyson

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XR6 BF Colour - Seduce

New Zealand

I am trying to do this on my BF XR6, it is possible on my car and I am getting all the details together. A supplier in Auckland NZ has all the bits and instructions. I assume Ford do not change the computer in the cars, in my case I do not need to make any mods, just run a wire for the camera from the rear boot lid. Go and have a look at a Territory Ghia in a Ford sales yard, they have one fitted as standard. Also I am fitting the rear sensors as well in the same package. Hope this helps.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]