Fordmods Logo

Rockford Fosgate 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6

QLD, Australia

The punch 200 dsm was a excellent amp, I used one myself for some time although they were the least under rated amp of the series, all the rest were rated to produce at least full power at 11.6vdc the 200 was rated to produce full power at 13.8vdc so while they were a powerful amp the rest of the series produced far in excess of rated power....

Do it once, Do it right!!!!!!

Post subject: yeah
Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon

WA, Australia

Rockford Fosgate are realy good, but in todays world, i'm more inclined to go for eclipse, awesome quality, still quite expensive, but quality components.

Muff

Post subject: Re: Cheers
Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FPV BF MKII F6

QLD, Australia

suttoo wrote:
I dont know alot about audio but i know i like my music loud, clear and bassy. At the moment I have pioneer 6 inch 260w speakers all round with a pioneer deck. What could I do to get that sounding better? I dont have alot of money at the moment cause im saving for some mags

a 4 channel amp would b good lets you tune the speakers rather than letting the head unit do the processing

OBS35N is gooonnnneeee.
Gone for good..... Damn fence posts!!!!!

OBS35N #2 (XXF6XX) just bought, bring it on

Post subject: Re: Cheers
Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

OBS35N wrote:
suttoo wrote:
I dont know alot about audio but i know i like my music loud, clear and bassy. At the moment I have pioneer 6 inch 260w speakers all round with a pioneer deck. What could I do to get that sounding better? I dont have alot of money at the moment cause im saving for some mags

a 4 channel amp would b good lets you tune the speakers rather than letting the head unit do the processing

hmm sorta...tuning i spose to an extent....

Im with a number of the guys here the RF gear I find and my experience with it is they are top notch quality...do perform very well in the right setup but yes are on the slightly more expense side of the line...dont personally run the gear in my car apart from power accessories such as 25 farad cap, 0 guage distribution, fuses, cabling etc...and never had a prob...but im an alpine man thru and thru :P

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Post subject: RF
Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:44 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EL XR6

SA, Australia

Cheers for the replies my girlfriend got a new boat and its decked out in Rockford Fosgate gear with about 6 speakers and a sub and i cant believe how loud it goes and the clarity of it sounds awesome

1996 EL XR8, Dynamic White, 18inch Simmons Wheels, Lowered all round with pedders shocks and springs, Clear tail lights and clear side repeaters

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT Series 2

QLD, Australia

I got all rockford components except for a clarion headunit and a pheonix gold eq. I won SQ in FNQ (cairns) for 2 years straight only missed 3 cause I crashed the week before the sound off. In my opinion it is all top notch gear. I have power series 6.5 splits in the front and punch series 6.5 splits in the back. Both running off a single p4004. I have 2 P212 subs in a sealed box running off a p6001 amp. I have tested it and on the old system ran a max of 143.7dB. So it is clear as and loud as.

Stage 1 stereo install done. Pics in audio section.
Next step is probably a nice exhaust or stage 2 stereo.

Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:23 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

My rockford sub r awsome .....so tight....
i used to hav all rockford gear changed to over to my mums car for mothers day 1 year.

now i got JL split and 2 6.5inch JL subs in the parcel tray and the same 2 rockford 12's

if i was ever going to change my subs id get the new JL subs their not heaps dear and the rms is somewhere round 150W so it dosent take a s**t to power them....

my mate has 2 of the 13" version of these sub and they are awsome SQ is so good ...nice and tight

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2