Fordmods Logo

Roof mount screens with interior lights 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Roof mount screens with interior lights
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Just wondering for those that have seen/used roof mount car screens (you know the ones that flip down) with interior lights - are the interior lights like map lights - i.e. only come on when switched on, or are they like an interior light that comes on when the doors open?

Post subject: Re: Roof mount screens with interior lights
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Just wondering for those that have seen/used roof mount car screens (you know the ones that flip down) with interior lights - are the interior lights like map lights - i.e. only come on when switched on, or are they like an interior light that comes on when the doors open?

The one I have is controlled by a switch in the housing so without changing the internal wiring then you cannot have it operating from the doors (unless you like the doors open when watching a movie). The are not very good anway, I have replaced my dome light with the display and installed new map lights in the lining near the visiors.
Cheers
TW.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Mini Cooper S Supercharged

NSW, Australia

Depends on what you get and how they are wired. I have seen ones that work exactly like a central light with map light, ones that work like only a central light and ones that dont work. You would have to check with the manufacturer as to whether or not the lights use a constant power source or if only the lights could be wired into a constant power source

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:39 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

I have unit which will activate when the door is opened. Check out www.brashimports.com

thanks

David

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

Theyre all easy enough to set to whatever you need. They may need a few wires cut and joined, but by changing the original from switching positive, to switching negative you can do whatever you wish!

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2010 Nitro Blue FG

VIC, Australia

i was going to post up a new thread but i'll steal this one instead :D If you want to put the screen BEHIND the dome light (i want to keep the light) how do you afix the screen to the roof? the roof lining is only cardboard and wont cope with much weight. I was thinking of making a huger square metal bracket of the centre brace? any ideas people?

The boogieman checks under his bed for chuck norris

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

andrewsfutura wrote:
i was going to post up a new thread but i'll steal this one instead :D If you want to put the screen BEHIND the dome light (i want to keep the light) how do you afix the screen to the roof? the roof lining is only cardboard and wont cope with much weight. I was thinking of making a huger square metal bracket of the centre brace? any ideas people?

i read on here thats theres a few bars running along the roof and you just need to find one and hook it into that.
do a search for roof or something, can't remember but there was a thread on how to install them a little while ago.

brashimports - nice of you to give us guys a discount!

I was only just asking to find out if there was a norm with the screens, I preferably don't actually want one with an interior light - i'd prefer map lights that turn on and off i reckon. actually doesn't bother me either way.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]