Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: speakers in rear doors...
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

hey,

just wondering if its possible to place some midbass speakers in the back door and if anyone has done this...just noticed there was a massive blank spot at the bottom of mine

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF 5 Speed, XH Uterus :P

TAS, Australia

no idea, but i am looking at doing this! door trims come off this week anyway for a bit of work!

Maloo - Holden's word for ugly.

Post subject: Re: speakers in rear doors...
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

skidder wrote:
hey,

just wondering if its possible to place some midbass speakers in the back door and if anyone has done this...just noticed there was a massive blank spot at the bottom of mine

Theres not much point....from a staging point there isnt gonna be any real benifit. But you could get some custom door pods made up to take a 6/6.5/8" driver...i wouldnt waste ya money but imo.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
skidder wrote:
hey,

Theres not much point....from a staging point there isnt gonna be any real benifit. But you could get some custom door pods made up to take a 6/6.5/8" driver...i wouldnt waste ya money but imo.

true..i was just thinking for the sake of an 8in driver...oh well

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

skidder wrote:
Big Kev wrote:
skidder wrote:
hey,

true..i was just thinking for the sake of an 8in driver...oh well

not worth it....if ya that keen spend on a nice fully active 3-way front stage with a your normal tweeter/6-6.5" and a 7" Midbass midbass driver and a nice component pack for the rear fill....some quality subs and some amps to back all this and youd have a really nice sounding system with some balls.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yeah i have a quite potent sub and amp (which is 4ch, so il get a monoblock soon and use 4ch for speakers), just trying to figure out my speakers...so do you reckon just use some 2way coaxials in the rear parcel shelf, then use tweeters, 6ish and a 7-8in speakers in the front doors?

which brands do 3way splits? ive found heaps that just use two way (tweeters, and 5-6.5in midbass) but none which have any third bigger speakers

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

skidder wrote:
yeah i have a good sub and amp, just trying to figure out my speakers...so do you reckon just use some 2way coaxials in the rear parcel shelf, then use tweeters, 6ish and a 7-8in speakers in the doors?

which brands do 3way splits? ive found heaps that just use two way (tweeters, and 5-6.6in midbass) but none which have any bigger speakers

yes 2 ways are far more common.....Dynaudio do a nice 3 way setup as seen and heard in aarons Pyroay trphy winning sql setup at autsalon...the dynaudio 360s.

But going fully active 3 way setups will cost u quite abit more than just ya regular 2 way setups....i have 2 sets of 2 way splits in my front doors....nothing in the rear doors and another 2 way set of splits in the rear shelf....sounds a treat....

Mainly the determining factor is your budget, whether you are really serious about competition and if so at what level you wish to compete - there are a number of categories and classes.....and what tunes you enjoy listenin and crusiing to...this will determine the install youd be capable of creating.... if ya budget aint that broad then co-axials inthe rear shelf would be fine....in the front doors maybe just some decent 2 ways.....if money isnt an object then a fully active 3 way stage in the front utilising a 7 or 8" mid bass driver....its just down to what u can fit with the fabrication work that would need to be done....and so on and again budget.

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

i wouldnt be competing, lol, i just like having a system that can play loud while still sounding very good (haha and i like to experiment)...at the moment i have three way coaxials in the parcel shelf and front (just a budget upgrade while im deciding on what to do), however while i could keep them for the rear alright theyre only like 35wrms so i think i might have to change them as i will probably run my amp onto them (around 4x125wrms) once i get my monoblock for the sub.

Probably stick with two way coaxials at the back, probs rockford fosgate as i've heard some and they sound really nice...might have a look into the front stage :P

cheers for the help

ps is dynaudio imported into aus? and do you know of anyplaces that stock it?

EVL098 wrote:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]