Fordmods Logo

Stereo For 91 Excel 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Stereo For 91 Excel
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Hey,
I know this isnt ford related, but my mate wants to put a decent stereo in his excel. at the moment it has four 4" Speakers, so i was wondering what you would recomend. we think we are going to goto the wreckers to pick up a spare parcel shelf, so that we can cut it up to fit some 6x9's in there... so we would be running 2 - 2way 4" up the front and 2 - 6x9's down the back and leaving the rear 4" speakers disconnected. would this sound decent? also, hi only has the factory head unit, so we are going to replace this also. would it be possible to get all this gear for arround $6-700?
cheers,

Mitch

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

I wouldnt suggest going much cheaper than 300 for a head unit, though there are a few that sound good at the lower end without blowing budgets. Just remember that you cant cut holes in the rear parcel shelf steel, so youll need custom pods or risers to fit the 6*9's in there.

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Andrew J wrote:
I wouldnt suggest going much cheaper than 300 for a head unit, though there are a few that sound good at the lower end without blowing budgets. Just remember that you cant cut holes in the rear parcel shelf steel, so youll need custom pods or risers to fit the 6*9's in there.

its a hatch back, and the parcel shelf is detachable, so has no support what so ever for the car...

Front -
tsg1040r - 10cm 2-Way 100 Watt Speakers
RRP: $79 inc. GST
http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/car_entert ... index.html

Rear –
TS-A6971E - 6" x 9" 3-Way 350 Watt Speaker"
RRP: $219 inc. GST

Head Unit –
DEH-2750MP -
RRP: $359 inc. GST

would all of this make a decent setup? is ther anything else we should be?

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Falcon BA XR8

NSW, Australia

I don't see any reason why it certainly wouldn't kick the pants off the existing system, but as everyone will tell you, audio quality is directly proportional to cost - the more you spend, the more sound-induced orgasms you'll suffer from. 6x9's put out some decent bass, especially if you own a small car and don't have the space for a great hulking sub in the boot. I reckon that system would be fine, if the guy's going budget. Personally i'm going to be putting a few thou' into my system, but i'm a complete audiophile and need to have my ears bleed at every opportunity. A mate of mine installed a system of two 10" subs, sony amp and alpine mp3 head unit for less than a grand a while ago, so it is possible. Have fun experimenting! :)

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

yea, he duznt want sub's and i dont really feel like hacking up his dash to fit some 6" so we're just gunna go 6x9's in the back ;)

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

Ah righto, never thought about that. Pioneer stuff is good :D Ive got the previous model of that cd player, just a basic fascia upgrade, and I got some ts-e 1695 rear speakers. Nice and bassy, yet nice and clear. I paid 200 for them, but they were on sale for 250 if memory serves me right.

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

are you running the 6x9's straight off the head unit?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]