Fordmods Logo

subs in parcel tray.... 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: subs in parcel tray....
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:11 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 870

Joined: 14th Mar 2006

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: telstar

Location: macquarie fields
NSW, Australia

wondering if it was possible to install two 10in subs on the parcel tray of a hatch tx5 telstar....if so post pics up please...

geting rid of the 15in in the pictcher and installing 10in in the parcel tray if possible....

 

 

Attachments:
DSCN1898.JPG
DSCN1898.JPG [ 170.81 KiB | Viewed 68 times ]
DSCN1897.JPG
DSCN1897.JPG [ 166.47 KiB | Viewed 38 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:26 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 37

Posts: 907

Joined: 13th Jul 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: ef futura/ef fairmont

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

I spoke to matt about this last night and said it's do'able just need to reinforce the tray a little or if possible cut a new tray out!

 

_________________

custom airbox,custom intake
paccie comps,lukey 2.5 cat back,high flow cat
CMS stg2 head,CMS stg2.A. cam,CMS hybrid auto with mod shift,3.9 lsd
custom 3500rpm hi stall
ANZ mayhem 18's,custom interior,venom body kit,xr wing,jumbo 2' low springs
143rwkw and 407rwnm on CMS dyno

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:55 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

green machine wrote:
I spoke to matt about this last night and said it's do'able just need to reinforce the tray a little or if possible cut a new tray out!


what he said. You'd need to reinforce the tray. stick some MDF board underneath. 15mm or 20mm wood should be good but I am not sure how it is going to work since it may be too heavy and then you'll have a bit of trouble trying to lift the thing up. BTW are those 2 x 15" subs?

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:01 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1181

Joined: 13th Dec 2005

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 98 Patrol

Location: Maryborough
QLD, Australia

phongus wrote:
green machine wrote:
I spoke to matt about this last night and said it's do'able just need to reinforce the tray a little or if possible cut a new tray out!


what he said. You'd need to reinforce the tray. stick some MDF board underneath. 15mm or 20mm wood should be good but I am not sure how it is going to work since it may be too heavy and then you'll have a bit of trouble trying to lift the thing up. BTW are those 2 x 15" subs?

phong =P~

By the looks of it he is gonna leave the parcel shelf down. It doesnt have to go up wen he open the boot...

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:13 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

daggy082 wrote:
phongus wrote:
green machine wrote:
I spoke to matt about this last night and said it's do'able just need to reinforce the tray a little or if possible cut a new tray out!


what he said. You'd need to reinforce the tray. stick some MDF board underneath. 15mm or 20mm wood should be good but I am not sure how it is going to work since it may be too heavy and then you'll have a bit of trouble trying to lift the thing up. BTW are those 2 x 15" subs?

phong =P~

By the looks of it he is gonna leave the parcel shelf down. It doesnt have to go up wen he open the boot...


would be a pain in the a** to put some relatively big items in the boot which is bigger then the opening :S. BTW are you putting free-air subs or enclosed?

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:10 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 1

Joined: 30th Sep 2006

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Location: Noosa
QLD, Australia

I have mounted a 10 in the parcel shelf of my el futura for anyone who is interested. I will post some pics soon.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 1494

Joined: 1st Dec 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MkII XT Wagon

Location: Maitland
NSW, Australia

i woudlnt waste ur time...it will vibrate like nothing else and sound s**t

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:18 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Pulco wrote:
i woudlnt waste ur time...it will vibrate like nothing else and sound s**t


you can overcome this if you decide to turn the whole parcel shelf into just a non moveable shelf...another words screws and silicon glue the whole thing down.

but then again I'm not sure what you want to do.

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

rattle rattle rattle.
they'd have to be free air subs then too.

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 1494

Joined: 1st Dec 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MkII XT Wagon

Location: Maitland
NSW, Australia

phongus wrote:
Pulco wrote:
i woudlnt waste ur time...it will vibrate like nothing else and sound s**t


you can overcome this if you decide to turn the whole parcel shelf into just a non moveable shelf...another words screws and silicon glue the whole thing down.

but then again I'm not sure what you want to do.

phong =P~


i had one of these telstars and made up a parcel shelf to fit 6x9's in it....

after all the work i did, countless hours shaping it so it fitted right and everything then when it came to using it it was crap...rattled like nothing else...the extra weight broke the plastic sides of the boot so then it all looked like s**t....so i threw it out and but the standard one in and put a 10inch sub in a box was good enuff

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:55 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 315

Joined: 7th Oct 2006

Gallery: 3 images

Location: Bunbury
WA, Australia

mate the way i would go is build a box and cut two holes in the parcel shelf so that the subs are actually boxed under but appear to be in the parcel shelf from above. catch my drift lol ?

 

_________________

84 XF Falcon S Pak, 250 crossflow (rebuilt ~5000km ago, carby model), Bored out 30 thou, Crow racing cam, extractors, yokohama 245's all the way round, chrome 12 slotters, lowered, 4spd man, open wheeler (blew my lsd...), Thumping sound system, L.E.D's everywhere

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 6746

Joined: 13th Mar 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane

Location: Bathurst
NSW, Australia

man just trace the current parcel shelf to thick mdf upolster it and bobs ya uncle

 

_________________

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 870

Joined: 14th Mar 2006

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: telstar

Location: macquarie fields
NSW, Australia

phongus wrote:
green machine wrote:
I spoke to matt about this last night and said it's do'able just need to reinforce the tray a little or if possible cut a new tray out!


what he said. You'd need to reinforce the tray. stick some MDF board underneath. 15mm or 20mm wood should be good but I am not sure how it is going to work since it may be too heavy and then you'll have a bit of trouble trying to lift the thing up. BTW are those 2 x 15" subs?

phong =P~



yep thay are 2 x 15s subs...was going to reinforse my old tray to fit the 10in.....bye the sound off its going to be to hard...just thought it was a good idear to fit the 10in to put more space in my boot....
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 1494

Joined: 1st Dec 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MkII XT Wagon

Location: Maitland
NSW, Australia

the 10 i had in my telstar was awesome...sounds really good...all i did was make a 27lt box to put it in...was only a pioneer sub too

i wouldnt modify the tray..it wont work that well at all i know how filmsy those things are

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 870

Joined: 14th Mar 2006

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: telstar

Location: macquarie fields
NSW, Australia

Pulco wrote:
the 10 i had in my telstar was awesome...sounds really good...all i did was make a 27lt box to put it in...was only a pioneer sub too

i wouldnt modify the tray..it wont work that well at all i know how filmsy those things are


ford freak ef was thinking of giveing me his old 12inc box that he has in his shed and was thinking of puting the 12in in...but what you said sounds real good....my mum has just one 10in going in her eb fairmont on the back shelt and it sound real good as well she got the sub when she got the car....some one sadi that ford had put it in when thay made the car....i didnt realy want to modify the tray...just wanted to go to smaller subs and ford freak ef said it might be a good idear to put in the tray....
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:06 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names