System Installation In Newcaste 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: System Installation In Newcaste
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:49 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

NSW, Australia

Hey guys how are you?

I used to be a member of this forum for a long time, but I have not been on here in over a year now. Bit about myself, I live in newcastle and drive an xr6 turbo.

I work at a bowling club so mainly all my work is done in the night, which gives me a lot of free time during the day which is boring me to hell. Therefore, I have got into stereo installing. I used to own an ea, eb and el falcons, all of which arent too difficult to install stereo systems into, but I am experienced in b series installations. I have converted 3 stock icc's to premium colour screen icc's with dvd.

The one thing ive learned is that the stock b series speakers are not entirely bad, they are pioneer and run with the right unit can actually sound quite good with nice bass.

Installing head units in the b series can be done in a few ways, through aux so u can keep ur steering wheel controls, this is an ok way to do it but once again, through aux u arent getting the full amount of power to the speakers, the other way is to rewire the speakers to run straight off the head unit, you lose ur steering wheel controls but I think its a small price to pay for a good sounding stereo.

Places like JB HI FI and Newcastle Pro Sound charge a fair amount to install head units into the b series, and to do it yourself is quite a task if u dont know what ur doing as the speaker wires are in a loom behind the kick panels surrounded by around 30-40 wires.

Due to my experience with these and the amount of time I have to myself these days, I am offering to install any stereo system for ur car for a decent price. We would be looking at price of items u need - wire etc plus labour time, but I can guarantee it would come up cheaper than a shop would charge.

Anybody wanting to upgrade their stereo but not confident enough or havnt got the time, shoot me a msg and we can talk about price depending on what you want done etc.

Cheers guys

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]