upgrading BF xr6 sound system 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: upgrading BF xr6 sound system
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BF XR6

QLD, Australia

hey all,

im looking to upgrade the stereo in my xr6 to something a bit more substantial than the factory standard setup. i would eventualy like to drop a couple subs in, upgrade all the speakers and maybe do something with the head unit (im not interested in installing a single din unit below the icc), but unfortunately i dont have the cash to do it all at once so i think i might just start with some speakers. I've been checking out a few forums and i keep reading about this fosgate 3SIXTY.2, i was wondering if anyone knew a bit more about this? say i got a 3SIXTY.2 and a set of 5x7" speakers, would i need an amp or anything else to get it all running? is the wiring in these cars sufficient for the task or would i need to replace that as well? would this setup be ready to add a sub and amp down the track without too much hassle?

Obviously im a complete noob when it comes to this sort of thing, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Simon

Post subject: Re: upgrading BF xr6 sound system
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:44 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

yeah you'd need an amp.
you'll need to run new wiring regardless with a 3sixty.
you hook up the ICC speaker outputs to the 3sixty, then run RCAs from 3sixty to amp, then hook up speakers to amp, whallah.
you can upgrade it with more amps/sub down the track very easily once you have the signal wires to the 3sixty. it can sum the speaker inputs to give you another RCA output for the sub.
also can give you a signal sensed remote wire for your amp/amps...

i've got a 3sixty.1 in my ute driving JL 5x7 splits in the front, JL 2 ways in the rear (waste of money in hindsight!), and a slimline rockford 12", with JL 4 channel amp driving the speakers and a jaycar monoblock driving the sub.
i'm pretty impressed with it, results are a bit better then i thought they'd be.
i wasn't expecting the same quality as you'd get with a good aftermarket Head Unit, but it get's pretty close, fine for most people that aren't right into SQ.
only downside is lack of (easy) adjustability that you get with a decent HU.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Post subject: Re: upgrading BF xr6 sound system
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

just get a line level convertor and add a sub. best value for money stereo improvement you can make to a bf imo. pioneer 12 and mtx amp in mine has managed to loosen every interior panel in my car and i'm pretty impressed with the sound. i had a $5k competition pioneer/mtx stereo in my last car and i'm still impressed by how good my bf sounds with just the addition of a sub.
spend too much on your stereo and your held back by acoustics, not sure how much sound deadening a sub mont bf has but i reckon if i took it all out of mine i'd fill a skip bin.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]