Upgrading My Stereo 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Upgrading My Stereo
Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

just wondering, im planning on overhauling my current "stock" speakers and was just wondering a few things in regards to speaker sizes and power outputs. the only mod i have made is im now using an Alpine CDA 9853R head Unit.

1. What size speakers can i use in the doors. to my knowlege they are currently 5.25" but im not sure...
2. the power output of the head unit is 4 x 50W, would it support all 4 speakers ranging from 40-50 Watts
3.the head unit has a subwoofer direct connection, would it be able to power the subby while i save up the money to buy a proper amp

thanx and if u have any suggestions as to what i should do then be free to tell me

EL XR6, 5 Speed Manual, Extractors, Exhaust, 3" Intake, EL GT Intake, Alpine sound system,lowered, 136rwkw.. to come.. another sub and boot install

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:40 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

WA, Australia

hey mate yer pretty sure 6"s are the go for the front and yer ur deck should have enough power to crank ur four speakers, sometimes u can even squeeze 6.5"s in therei think as well
i wouldnt even worry about trying to run ur sub from ur deck mate it just wouldnt do anything. my bro's 800 dollar deck apparently is capable of running a sub on it's own but i dont fancy it sounding at all like a sub lol, so yer mate just buy an amp.

84 XF Falcon S Pak, 250 crossflow (rebuilt ~5000km ago, carby model), Bored out 30 thou, Crow racing cam, extractors, yokohama 245's all the way round, chrome 12 slotters, lowered, 4spd man, open wheeler (blew my lsd...), Thumping sound system, L.E.D's everywhere

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

VIC, Australia

1. 6"
2. yes, easily
3. dont bother, get an amp

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

mate that head unit doesnt have a seperate sub out....to power a sub..your thinking of the pre-outs..and yes the 9853R has Front/Rear/Sub channel RCA outs....if you mean to run the sub of one of the 4x50 w channels I wouldnt...underpowering subs like that can also damage them or the head unit even tho you wouldnt think that possible...

6" will fit in the standard door holes..and 6.5" can...depending on the brand and model...most 6.5" tho require either slight modification to the door (bout 15mins work all easy)n or a 9mm mdf spacer...

Nice headunit too buy the way...there a re great lil unit and would power any 50w RMS speaker fine at 4ohms

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]