Fordmods Logo

Want to enter into street B Class..... 

Page 3 of 4 [ 56 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:23 am 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

VIC, Australia

Plenty of people are new commers to SPL events and only get modest numbers, but have the most fun.

It's about beating your personal best and is heaps more fun when you have some mates entered also who are at the same sort of standard.

Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

gros20 wrote:
$2500 for every thing
sub,amp,box,spl meter, wiring.

oh please note this box is a big as u get in into an EF boot any bigger u would have to build it in there. im dieing to try it in my gf's nissan tiida

what exactly is included in the "wiring" ?

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

pyroay wrote:
Plenty of people are new commers to SPL events and only get modest numbers, but have the most fun.

It's about beating your personal best and is heaps more fun when you have some mates entered also who are at the same sort of standard.

Yeh SPL cpmetition and espescially in this day n age where it is viewed that the louder a doof doof system is the better it is, noticed, respected etc etc....alot hard to get that with SQL comp...where only ppl who really know what their on about notice and appreciate a quality system...

Normally its seen oh u spent 20K yet that dude who only spent 10K system is so much llouder and has loads more bass...and got a better DB score.....but yeh mines setup for SQL, for clarity not so much volume lol....just sounds sad hey lol....needs to be more localised SQL competition

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
Mechan1k wrote:
I wouldn't mind taking my ute to a test and tune day to see how it goes ... but it sounds like I could be eligible for Street Class B as well.

Now to get the guts to turn up to an event and not look like a N00b that I am when it comes to car audio.

what gear are you running

Currently running a Jaycar D-class AA0428 amp
two 12" JL Audio 12W0 (125WRMS nominal from memory) subs in seperate sealed enclosures (behind each seat)
Pioneer DEH-P1Y headunit (it's the US spec model though).

Other than that I am running my components of a Pioneer 4ch 600W amp ... and that's running Pioneer 6" splits and Pioneer 5x7 rear fill speakers.

Also running an Optima Yellow top D34 battery.

Running 4ga cabling to both amps.
Looking at upgrading my terminals on the battery though (as I run a lot of electrical items, etc).

To me it seems pretty loud (being in a small cabin). Mirrors won't stay in position ... can feel the air in the cabin move around me when turned up.

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:37 am 
Fordmods Audio and Turbo Expert

Ride: FG Turbo Territoty Ghia

VIC, Australia

Well some good gear, 2 x 12's an amp with a bit behind it and a good battery are all the right ingredients for mid 130's.

Pro Class
1st Super Tech - Summernats 2007
Australian SQ Champion - Am Show 2004
Australian SQ Champion – Pro Show 2006 & Best of Show
Ford Champion - Melbourne 2004 & 2006
451.5wkw - now SOLD

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I guess it just needs some tuning ... but I prefer to listen to crisp clear music most of the time ... it's actually rare for me to turn the bass right up (cos it's near impossible to drive with it turned up that much).

If i manage to kill the front Pioneers I'll look into getting a better set of front splits though. I have it faded most of the way to the front though ... as the 5x7s (which are just behind the seats in the rear sail panels behind the factory grilles) are so close I always hear them ... hence why i don't put much through them at all.

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Mechan1k wrote:
I guess it just needs some tuning ... but I prefer to listen to crisp clear music most of the time ... it's actually rare for me to turn the bass right up (cos it's near impossible to drive with it turned up that much).

If i manage to kill the front Pioneers I'll look into getting a better set of front splits though. I have it faded most of the way to the front though ... as the 5x7s (which are just behind the seats in the rear sail panels behind the factory grilles) are so close I always hear them ... hence why i don't put much through them at all.

yeh sounds like that system would go nice in a street B comp...the subs wouldnt be in front of the B-Pillar are they ?

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

No ... the sit nearly in line with the B-Pillar .... but far enough back ... they sit on the little shelf behind the seats ... hold on ... will get a pic.

seat belt is in front of the sub ... this is the driver's side pic (component amp is under the driver's seat)

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

a lenghth of 2/0 cable (boot to main battery) 2/0 earth and i scored 6 more shorter 50cm 2/0 lentghts fom work. fuse holder and arious fuses 100 - 300A fuses as well as some spare fuses for amp. ill even throw in my RCA if u want it.

also have 2G cable, copper busbar,aluminim bus bar, insulated stand off's, lugs for copper,alluminnox (joint compound every one should use it)

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

gros20 wrote:
a lenghth of 2/0 cable (boot to main battery) 2/0 earth and i scored 6 more shorter 50cm 2/0 lentghts fom work. fuse holder and arious fuses 100 - 300A fuses as well as some spare fuses for amp. ill even throw in my RCA if u want it.

also have 2G cable, copper busbar,aluminim bus bar, insulated stand off's, lugs for copper,alluminnox (joint compound every one should use it)

ok nice...so what guesstimate figure could you provide for all this stuff a** a rough rrp...obviously you didnt pay that but yeh.

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Mechan1k wrote:
No ... the sit nearly in line with the B-Pillar .... but far enough back ... they sit on the little shelf behind the seats ... hold on ... will get a pic.

looks good dude...hehe small cab utes etc would sound tuff ...so much less space for sound loss.....plus thevolume source is closer to ya ears....the B pillar point I just asked cause any sub speaker must not be fitted in front of the b-pillar to compete in street A-C series

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I thought that's the reason why you asked about the position of the subs.

It does sound great inside the ute cabin ... so many rattles from outside ... and the interior rear vision mirror rattles like anything as well (still trying to figure out how I am going to fix that).

The ute tub vibrates against the body of the cabin ... depends on the frequency played at the time though.

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Mechan1k wrote:
I thought that's the reason why you asked about the position of the subs.

It does sound great inside the ute cabin ... so many rattles from outside ... and the interior rear vision mirror rattles like anything as well (still trying to figure out how I am going to fix that).

hehe yeh can be fun....had my rear view mirror fall on me and having an auto my arm when it got hit almost knocked it out of drive lol...thought what the f**k n blamed me mate i thought he was being a d**k n hit me for some reason lol.,...then i noticed my window looked a lil less cluttered lol..wtf hhehe it vibrated off...was that bass surge at the beginning of that Nelly - air force one song....few good notes in that and we had it blarin :P

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Damn ... I need my rear vision mirror ... well kinda becomes useless when the stereo is turned up .... LOL.

Just had a read of the rules and regs of DBDrag (on the link from above) .... damn there's a lot of different little rules and regs ... I am definitely eligible for Street B (minimum class I can go in ... not use going higher ... would be too much competition then).

I just noticed that DoranPro Audio just had event this last weekend .... DAMN.

Oh well ... they have another one coming up in the next month or so ... so might go and have a stickybeak and see. I know Tony who runs the place so will have a chat with him.

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Mechan1k wrote:
Damn ... I need my rear vision mirror ... well kinda becomes useless when the stereo is turned up .... LOL.

Just had a read of the rules and regs of DBDrag (on the link from above) .... damn there's a lot of different little rules and regs ... I am definitely eligible for Street B (minimum class I can go in ... not use going higher ... would be too much competition then).

I just noticed that DoranPro Audio just had event this last weekend .... DAMN.

Oh well ... they have another one coming up in the next month or so ... so might go and have a stickybeak and see. I know Tony who runs the place so will have a chat with him.

yeh Ive only enetered in one comp so far - was spl and the cars been built for sql but went really well...lotta fun..some nice setups.

Yeh its amazing howmany lil rules there are....Im not officially allowed to compete in SPL competition in any more which was gay due to me missing the 100mm radial clearance for the microphone in the front of the car....my TV dash mould is a few mm to close......was hindering my DB score but meh...had fun tho...was keen to kick a** at the nats but cant happen now :( have to spend hours takin the full dash out lol to compete :P

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next